Old 30-12-2005, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Hello, im new

On 30/12/05 7:39 pm, in article
, "Rusty Hinge 2"
wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:
On 30/12/05 2:06 pm, in article
, "Rusty Hinge 2"
wrote:
snip

That was the winter the fox got my ducks, Ploof and Gabble. (
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/dux.jpg - pic taken in 1946)

The year I was born! What a very "aaaaah" pic - absolutely charming and a
bit Christopher Robin in the nicest sort of way!

Hmmmm.

OK, that's one literary allusion - now - why Ploof and Gabble?

clue

You in the group, if anyone, ought to know!

/clue

Didn't Starck design a chair called Ploof? Other than that, I don't know
and have to go to the bottom of the class!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-12-2005, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 30/12/05 23:22, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 30/12/05 7:39 pm, in article
, "Rusty Hinge 2"

wrote:
snip

That was the winter the fox got my ducks, Ploof and Gabble. (
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/dux.jpg - pic taken in 1946)

The year I was born! What a very "aaaaah" pic - absolutely charming and a
bit Christopher Robin in the nicest sort of way!

Hmmmm.

OK, that's one literary allusion - now - why Ploof and Gabble?

clue

You in the group, if anyone, ought to know!

/clue

Didn't Starck design a chair called Ploof? Other than that, I don't know
and have to go to the bottom of the class!

Ha! Gottit but I admit I had to Google as it was a little before my time!
Ploof the Wild Duck by Père Castor?

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 31-12-2005, 12:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

OK, that's one literary allusion - now - why Ploof and Gabble?

clue

You in the group, if anyone, ought to know!

/clue

Didn't Starck design a chair called Ploof? Other than that, I don't know
and have to go to the bottom of the class!

Dunno, but that's not the allusion.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 31-12-2005, 12:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

Ha! Gottit but I admit I had to Google as it was a little before my time!
Ploof the Wild Duck by Père Castor?

Yup. Marvellous books. I still have that book, and 'Martin the
Kingfisher', 'Quippic the Hedgehog' and 'Cuckoo'. Beautiful
illustrations too.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 31-12-2005, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Sacha" wrote
Didn't Starck design a chair called Ploof? Other than that, I don't know
and have to go to the bottom of the class!
Sacha

Yes - http://www.highbrowfurniture.com/seating/products/6015/

Why call your duck that please ??

Gabble is much more easy to understand :~)

gab·ble (gbl)
v. gab·bled, gab·bling, gab·bles
v.intr.
1. To speak rapidly or incoherently; jabber.
2. To make rapid, low muttering or quacking sounds, as a goose or duck.
v.tr.
To utter rapidly or incoherently.
n.
1. Rapid, incoherent, or meaningless speech.
2. The low muttering sound of a goose or duck.

Jenny

Hello, new here and question about Tulips mtostenrude Gardening 0 23-02-2004 02:35 AM
Hello, new here and question about Tulips WiGard Gardening 7 21-02-2004 07:32 PM
Hello - New Name Old Clunker Ponds 2 11-11-2003 06:42 PM
New here - hello Everyone Hazell B United Kingdom 0 06-11-2003 07:47 PM
New Member Saying Hello Gill Osborne United Kingdom 6 17-10-2003 10:22 AM