Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default not quite a gardening question !

On 12/1/06 2:25 pm, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , newsb
writes

You can download the latest turnpike from Demon

You are a darling - thank you

Some time ago and thanks to David Poole, I used Agent on my then PC. I
thought it was wonderful. Unhappily there isn't a Mac version. For your
sanity's sake, it might be worth finding a guru who will come to your house,
load Agent onto your computer and give you a short tutorial. I hate and
loathe Google, for example, and won't touch it with a bargepole if I can
help it. Clunky, cumbersome, slow and bossily unco-operative, IMO!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 12-01-2006, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:33:06 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

snip

Some time ago and thanks to David Poole, I used Agent on my then PC. I
thought it was wonderful. Unhappily there isn't a Mac version. For your
sanity's sake, it might be worth finding a guru who will come to your house,
load Agent onto your computer and give you a short tutorial. I hate and
loathe Google, for example, and won't touch it with a bargepole if I can
help it. Clunky, cumbersome, slow and bossily unco-operative, IMO!

Sacha, I used to use Agent and have just moved over to a Mac. I have found
Hogwasher works very like Agent but is much better. The more I use it the
more I like it. It isn't free, but you can download a free 60 day trial and
play. When I get to the 60 days, I will definitely buy.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 13-01-2006, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:32:34 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

On 12/1/06 19:01, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

snip

Sacha, I used to use Agent and have just moved over to a Mac. I have found
Hogwasher works very like Agent but is much better. The more I use it the
more I like it. It isn't free, but you can download a free 60 day trial and
play. When I get to the 60 days, I will definitely buy.

Thanks for that tip - I'd never heard of it so I'll have a look.

It's available from
http://www.asar.com. If you want any more info, feel
free to take it to email - the one I'm posting from does work although I only
check it occasionally.

Old 13-01-2006, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

In article , Sacha
writes

Some time ago and thanks to David Poole, I used Agent on my then PC. I
thought it was wonderful. Unhappily there isn't a Mac version. For your
sanity's sake, it might be worth finding a guru who will come to your house,
load Agent onto your computer and give you a short tutorial. I hate and
loathe Google, for example, and won't touch it with a bargepole if I can
help it. Clunky, cumbersome, slow and bossily unco-operative, IMO!

Everyone has their favorite news readers - but I think Turnpike is as
good as any and better than most. Just a shame that they aren't
developing it beyond the current version (except for maybe any security
fixes that are identified). Again, not for Mac though.

--
regards andyw