Old 19-02-2006, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Joan Riley

Default losing clothes whilst gardening

If anyone in the Ayrshire district finds a handsome brown-patterned
cardigan with white wool patches over various holes and two great big
hand knitted multicoloured pockets - it's mine. I've fitted cabbages
into those pockets - it was soooo useful. I must have taken it off
during the week when I got hot digging and hung it on a bush or a
fence post. I suppose it's blown off in the wind - nobody would have
stolen it, I promise you! I've lost many a hat, scarf, gloves, etc.,
in the same way, but never an item so big. Anyone else lose stuff
like that?

Joan in Ayrshire
remove 'spam' from email to reply
Old 19-02-2006, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Joan Riley contains
these words:

If anyone in the Ayrshire district finds a handsome brown-patterned
cardigan with white wool patches over various holes and two great big
hand knitted multicoloured pockets - it's mine. I've fitted cabbages
into those pockets - it was soooo useful. I must have taken it off
during the week when I got hot digging and hung it on a bush or a
fence post. I suppose it's blown off in the wind - nobody would have
stolen it, I promise you! I've lost many a hat, scarf, gloves, etc.,
in the same way, but never an item so big. Anyone else lose stuff
like that?

A stalker/keeper friend of mine found something (a pipe?) his
predecessor lost on the hill yearsandyears before - and returned it to
him.

I lost a deerstalker hat on the slopes of Creag Megidh while stalking,
and the wind took it, never to be seen (by me, anyway) again, but I
don't remember losing anything quite so large.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 20-02-2006, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Joan Riley

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:36:08 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Joan Riley contains
these words:

If anyone in the Ayrshire district finds a handsome brown-patterned
cardigan with white wool patches over various holes and two great big
hand knitted multicoloured pockets - it's mine. I've fitted cabbages
into those pockets - it was soooo useful. I must have taken it off
during the week when I got hot digging and hung it on a bush or a
fence post. I suppose it's blown off in the wind - nobody would have
stolen it, I promise you! I've lost many a hat, scarf, gloves, etc.,
in the same way, but never an item so big. Anyone else lose stuff
like that?

Much worse; that's how my husband acquired several of his favourite
garments. I know he hasn't retrieved your cardigan (yet) because he
generally leaves other peoples' lost items in a prominent place for a
couple of weeks to be sure they qualify for re-homing.

Janet (Arran)

Thanks Janet. If he finds it I just hope he doesn't leave it in a TOO
prominent place as I'd be ashamed to lay claim to it in public ;o)

Old 20-02-2006, 01:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cereus-validus-...........

Maybe you get a bit too passionate about gardening?

Best you stay away from root vegetables like carrots and elongate fruit
crops like cucumbers. You just might do yourself some serious bodily damage
and lose more than just clothing.

Old 20-02-2006, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Joan Riley wrote:

Thanks Janet. If he finds it I just hope he doesn't leave it in a TOO
prominent place as I'd be ashamed to lay claim to it in public ;o)

Well, my wife has rejected some of my old gardening clothes as
unfit for the fibre bank ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 20-02-2006, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty Hinge 2 writes

A stalker/keeper friend of mine found something (a pipe?) his
predecessor lost on the hill yearsandyears before - and returned it to
him.

A caver friend of mine lost his teeth down a cave. For several weeks,
school parties in the cave were playing 'hunt the teeth' until an
instructor found them and returned them. AFAIK, the owner has washed
them well and put them in the bathroom as a spare set.
--
Kay
Old 20-02-2006, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
I lost a deerstalker hat on the slopes of Creag Megidh while stalking,
and the wind took it, never to be seen (by me, anyway) again, but I
don't remember losing anything quite so large.

I lost my zippo lighter in Harlech in the summer of 2004 whilst
climbing over a fence to admire someone's garden. Last year when I
returned with my friends I told them that it was there I thought I had
lost my dearest lighter - my friend just waved her foot in the long
grass whilst walking along the garden, saw something and picked up my
zippo, rusty but still going ;o)

Old 20-02-2006, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Flower Bobdew

In article , Joan Riley
writes

If anyone in the Ayrshire district finds a handsome brown-patterned
cardigan with white wool patches over various holes and two great big
hand knitted multicoloured pockets - it's mine. I've fitted cabbages
into those pockets - it was soooo useful. I must have taken it off
during the week when I got hot digging and hung it on a bush or a
fence post.

Well, its been quite windy. I'll keep a look out.

I've lost many a hat, scarf, gloves, etc., in the same way, but never
an item so big. Anyone else lose stuff like that?

I lost my car at EPCOT Centre once. Well, it was a very big car park. In
terms of ascending size, I've also lost a leg, a wife, an allotment and
Cornwall. [Admittedly the latter is probably still where I last saw it,
but my old RAC road map fell to bits a few years ago and Cornwall no
longer exists.]

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden
Old 21-02-2006, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 20/2/06 19:23, in article , "Flower
Bobdew" wrote:

In article , Joan Riley
writes

snip
I've lost many a hat, scarf, gloves, etc., in the same way, but never
an item so big. Anyone else lose stuff like that?

I lost my car at EPCOT Centre once. Well, it was a very big car park. In
terms of ascending size, I've also lost a leg, a wife, an allotment and
Cornwall. [Admittedly the latter is probably still where I last saw it,
but my old RAC road map fell to bits a few years ago and Cornwall no
longer exists.]

Almost - almost - I feel a Lady Bracknell moment coming on! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 21-02-2006, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Flower Bobdew contains these words:

I lost my car at EPCOT Centre once. Well, it was a very big car park. In
terms of ascending size, I've also lost a leg, a wife, an allotment and
Cornwall. [Admittedly the latter is probably still where I last saw it,
but my old RAC road map fell to bits a few years ago and Cornwall no
longer exists.]

Alert The prince of Wales immediately!

--
Rusty