Old 24-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Registered User

Location: Manchester
Default Climbing hydrangea pruning

out of interest when do people here prune off last years faded flower heads? had a look today and some of the buds are just started to open, so was thinking off removing the old flower heads; perhaps some of you leave them on. anyways thanks for your help
Old 24-02-2006, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Tiger303 wrote:
out of interest when do people here prune off last years faded flower
heads? had a look today and some of the buds are just started to open,
so was thinking off removing the old flower heads; perhaps some of you
leave them on. anyways thanks for your help

Errr ... Tiger, you've already asked this one on the 7th Feb! Look at
the theads archive and search for hydrangea. Kay was your expert on
this and Bob should be along any moment now. However until then, I'd
leave them on a bit longer. The old flowers protect the buds until it
gets warmer. Then remove them.

Old 25-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Registered User

Location: Manchester

apologies for that, must be going senile in my old age; anyways thanks 4 your help
Old 25-02-2006, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Tiger303 wrote:
apologies for that, must be going senile in my old age; anyways thanks 4
your help

Tiger, a pleasure! I hope I didn't sounded too rude too ) Are you
worried about your hydrangea? Where is your area?

Old 27-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered User

Location: Manchester

No not at all, the board gets enough rubbish/spam posted without my adding to it with double posts........netiquette i believe its called

i live in manchester, about 3 to 4 miles from the city centre; and worry about all my plants....LOL. real reason is i didn't want to affect this years blooms with pruning too early/late; doubt i would have done as seeing as i'm going to just remove last years spent flowerheads, but always good to check

Climbing Hydrangea Mike United Kingdom 12 11-05-2005 11:07 AM
Climbing Hydrangea 'Petiolaris' Mike United Kingdom 8 06-07-2003 09:08 AM
Climbing hydrangea Cindy Gardening 6 05-07-2003 10:44 AM
Hydrangea petiolaris/Climbing Hydrangea pelirojaroja Gardening 2 21-04-2003 03:08 AM
Climbing Hydrangea Brs36 Gardening 5 08-04-2003 11:20 PM