Old 03-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Kase

Default Paraffin suppliers south of Stockport

Does anyone know of any cheap domestic paraffin suppliers in the Bramhall,
Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Wilmslow areas? I've just got my greenhouse up and
need to heat it, but would prefer not to have to buy it expensively from B&Q
in little bottles.

Thanks in advance

Kase

--

Make sure to take off your pants before replying

Old 04-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:20:09 +0000 (UTC), Kase wrote:

Does anyone know of any cheap domestic paraffin suppliers in the
Bramhall, Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Wilmslow areas?

Search back in this group on paraffin, heating oil, kerosene etc It
has been discussed fairly recently.

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.

Old 05-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Jeanne Stockdale

Try Snapes on Church Road, Cheadle Hulme - we don't live there now but I
seem to remember people could take their own containers in to be filled from
a big tank.

Jeanne Stockdale

Old 07-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

"Kase" wrote in message
Does anyone know of any cheap domestic paraffin suppliers in the Bramhall,
Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Wilmslow areas? I've just got my greenhouse up and
need to heat it, but would prefer not to have to buy it expensively from

B&Q
in little bottles.

Thanks in advance

Kase

Try Snapes, Church Road, Cheadle Hulme. We used to purchase it "loose" from
them when we lived in that area.

Jeanne Stockdale

Old 07-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Paul Kelly

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote in message

Try Snapes, Church Road, Cheadle Hulme. We used to purchase it "loose"

from
them when we lived in that area.

Great mental image of you carrying loose paraffin home in a carrier bag.
(;-)

pk

Old 07-04-2003, 02:21 PM
IanD

"Kase" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know of any cheap domestic paraffin suppliers in the Bramhall,
Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Wilmslow areas? I've just got my greenhouse up and

There's a guy I know at work who does it in 25litres. Central
Stockport. I've got his email but don't want to post it on the
newsgroup as it's his work one. Please contact me by email for it.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Kase

"Kase" wrote in message
Does anyone know of any cheap domestic paraffin suppliers in the

Bramhall,
Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Wilmslow areas? I've just got my greenhouse up and
need to heat it, but would prefer not to have to buy it expensively from

B&Q
in little bottles.

Thanks in advance

Kase

Try Snapes, Church Road, Cheadle Hulme. We used to purchase it "loose"

from
them when we lived in that area.

Jeanne Stockdale

Thanks for this Jeanne. They're only a 10 minute walk from me so I'll give
them a call tomorrow - but I will be driving as I don't want to be carrying
too many carrier bags full of loose fuel ;-)

Old 07-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Kase

"IanD" wrote in message
m...
"Kase" wrote in message

Does anyone know of any cheap domestic paraffin suppliers in the

Bramhall,
Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Wilmslow areas? I've just got my greenhouse up and

There's a guy I know at work who does it in 25litres. Central
Stockport. I've got his email but don't want to post it on the
newsgroup as it's his work one. Please contact me by email for it.

Thanks Ian, I'll try Snapes in Cheadle Hulme first as they are on the way
home from work anyway, if no joy then I'll drop you a note.

Old 07-04-2003, 07:32 PM
cbw

In article , Kase
writes
Does anyone know of any cheap domestic paraffin suppliers in the Bramhall,
Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Wilmslow areas? I've just got my greenhouse up and
need to heat it, but would prefer not to have to buy it expensively from B&Q
in little bottles.

Thanks in advance

Kase

--

Make sure to take off your pants before replying

Focus/Do-it-all used to sell it by the gallon - haven't looked recently.

--
cbw
Old 08-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 22:12:14 +0100, cbw wrote:

Focus/Do-it-all used to sell it by the gallon - haven't looked
recently.

They probably still do but if it costs more than about =A31.50/gallon
they are ripping you off. The OP wanted a cheap source...

Old 09-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Kase

"Kase" wrote in message
Does anyone know of any cheap domestic paraffin suppliers in the Bramhall,
Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Wilmslow areas? I've just got my greenhouse up and
need to heat it, but would prefer not to have to buy it expensively from

B&Q
in little bottles.

Thanks in advance

Kase

--

Make sure to take off your pants before replying

Thanks guys, Snapes do sell the paraffin loose, and it is significantly
cheaper than B&Q etc.. plus I won't be throwing away loads of extra
containers.

Kase