Old 22-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Stuart Robinson

Default Paraffin Heaters

Anyone in here have experience of using Paraffin heaters in a small shed ?

Do heaters such as the Paresene Super 10 or BIG Red Heater 591A smell much
?

What sort of heat do they put out, KWhours equivalent or BTUs ?

Stuart.
Old 22-09-2003, 01:43 PM
William Tasso

Nick Maclaren wrote:

Er, what difference is there between Imperial and metric heat?

you have to adopt the Euro first to appreciate the answer - then it's too
late.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Old 22-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Stuart Robinson

There are Paraffin heaters designed for domestic use;

http://www.shoppersworld.co.uk/templ...oduct.asp?s=33
0&d=2043&p=17054&c=13&s1=159&s2=0&s3=0

So I was just wondering about soem of the greenhouse ones I have seen.

Accepted that you need decent ventilation.

Stuart.
Old 22-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Dave Liquorice

On 22 Sep 2003 12:35:45 GMT, Nick Maclaren wrote:

Forget that - think of the ventilation. Even if they are burning
correctly and not producing carbon monoxide, burning 500 grammes
of paraffin will reduce the oxyen level ...

And produce 500g of water, another reason for good ventilation. I use
an old upright paraffin heater in the garage with the up and over door
open. It takes the chill off when outside is hovering around freezing
but that is about all.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 22-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Stuart Robinson

Thanks for your reply.

Stuart.
Old 22-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

Not a great deal. Fractions of a KW/Hr, I'd estimate.

Your unit is non-existent

In which case you'd need a lot of them........

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk