Old 29-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Lee

Default Railway sleepers

Sorry Rick, Had to go visit the mother in law...;0

I'm from horsham way (no where near Leeds) So I'm afraid I don't know
anywhere near Leeds for them!
The old ones we had were full of tar, but they never leaked onto the garden,
even during last years heat!!
So you've got a month to get them in before they ban them (which I doubt
they will)(they are second hand recycled goods so there should be no
problem)(not sure)(ok, i'm just hoping they don't cos I want some more!!)
The guys that did our were Town and country turf, they are local so they
delived (dumped them on the driveway!)

Sorry I can't help more, but I'm just in the wrong location.
Blue Skies

Lee

"Rick McGreal" wrote in message
"Lee" wrote in
et:

Hi Rick,

Hullo

Where are you?

Wakefield....Just a little south of Leeds

We got a load of them last year, we got the good condition used ones
(full of Tar)(but they'll never rot!!)

Nifty!

and got them delivered for £12 a piece!

Wow....iS this a special?...
Or do you think I could possible find some like that ?

The only real pain is cutting them, I only had a bow saw and it took
allot of puff.

Stuff that....My friend has a circular saw!

Oh, and while your cutting them, don't leave your feet under the
raised end... I did..........owwch.

*AHEM*
Done that while making the compost bin....
And that was only light wood!

Have fun

Not while I am hopping around screaming in pain!

Old 29-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Rick McGreal

"Lee" wrote in
et:

Sorry Rick, Had to go visit the mother in law...;0

Sheesh....AS excuses go thats a good one! B-)

I'm from horsham way (no where near Leeds) So I'm afraid I don't know
anywhere near Leeds for them!

No worries....
I've had a look online at teh usual suspects...But saw nothing...
I'm going to go down to the local Haworth Timber to see if they may know of
somewhere...

The old ones we had were full of tar, but they never leaked onto the
garden, even during last years heat!!

Wow....

So you've got a month to get them in before they ban them (which I
doubt they will)(they are second hand recycled goods so there should
be no problem)(not sure)(ok, i'm just hoping they don't cos I want
some more!!)

B-)
If I get them before they ban them....Will I be allowed to keep them?
Or will I need to get rid of them at some point?
(If I have to lay cash out for them I DON'T want to waste it)

The guys that did our were Town and country turf, they
are local so they delived (dumped them on the driveway!)

Thats the kind of thing I need!

Sorry I can't help more, but I'm just in the wrong location.

No stress...
Thanks

Old 29-04-2003, 10:32 PM
NWalch

I've had 20 or so in my garden since Sept and they have not leaked at
all (they are quite dry/flaky - except when it rains of course).

How can you tell what they have been treated with. Will you still be
able to get the continental ones as I need more to finish off my
garden (and my back).

Nick