Old 19-03-2006, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
converted_gardener

Default pricking out in JI2 or JI3 ?

Do I prick out things like lettuce, peppers, chilli's, tomotoes,
aubergines marigolds etc into JI2 or JI3 ???

On the bags it's says that JI2 is for pricking out and potting on and
JI3 is for potting on ?

Please advise
Old 20-03-2006, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Prick them out into JI2 and then put them in their individual pots (if
you're going to use them) in JI3, later. One little tip with regard to
watering - turn the rose of the watering can upside down, so that the
holes are pointing skywards. That way, the 'shower' your seedlings get
is gentler. I would also suggest that you look for gardening clubs in
your area because I think you'd probably get a lot out of joining one.
Not only would you get lots of helpful advice but you'd have other
gardeners you could swap seeds and plants with etc., cutting down your
costs and introducing you to interesting new varieties.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-03-2006, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article .com,
Sacha writes

I would also suggest that you look for gardening clubs in
your area because I think you'd probably get a lot out of joining one.

Is there a central enquiry point for Gardening Clubs Sacha. Several
times when we've seen a bungalow we like the look of I have tried to
make enquiries about local gardening groups etc but it''s really quite
difficult to find out. Does the RHS have a list of affiliated societies
which can be consulted?

janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 20-03-2006, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Janet Tweedy" wrote
Is there a central enquiry point for Gardening Clubs Sacha. Several
times when we've seen a bungalow we like the look of I have tried to
make enquiries about local gardening groups etc but it''s really quite
difficult to find out. Does the RHS have a list of affiliated
societies which can be consulted?

If the local clubs aren't RHS connected you could try a call to the
nearest public library in the area you're considering. They ought to
have lists of local clubs and societies with contact details and
possibly the county library website may also have a searchable online
database. Or try Googling as there may well be a town or area website
with info - f'rinstance villages near where I live maintain one and
checking just now I see there's a horticultural group in the next
village that I didn't know about.

--
Sue

Old 20-03-2006, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
news
In article .com,
Sacha writes

I would also suggest that you look for gardening clubs in
your area because I think you'd probably get a lot out of joining one.

Is there a central enquiry point for Gardening Clubs Sacha. Several
times when we've seen a bungalow we like the look of I have tried to
make enquiries about local gardening groups etc but it''s really quite
difficult to find out. Does the RHS have a list of affiliated societies
which can be consulted?
Janet Tweedy

http://www.letsgogardening.co.uk/Information/Clubs.htm ??

maybe googling with the county might turn up something?
Jenny

Old 20-03-2006, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

You beat me to it. That's just what I would suggest. All of it! Also
ask local nurseries, florists etc. If there isn't one, start one,
perhaps? A few emails to local clubs & societies, notices in
nurseries & gcs, libraries etc. asking interested people to contact you
would be a good start. I don't think I'd put my address on it, though!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-03-2006, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , JennyC
writes

maybe googling with the county might turn up something?
Jenny

Yes, but also wondered if there was an Official list that can be
obtained from the RHS? f my library anything to go by it's a bit hit and
miss what societies it will have details about.

Thanks anyway.
janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 20-03-2006, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

I couldn't find anything on the RHS site but this is the Bucks
organiser for the National Garden Scheme. She must be able to help
you: County Organiser:

Mrs Maggie Bateson,
Fressingwood,
Little Kingshill HP16 0EF
Tel & Fax: 01494 866265
Email:

and this link or someone on it might be helpful, too:
http://www.gardenersclub.co.uk/societiesinfo.asp
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk