Old 31-03-2006, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sherm

Default seeking hyacinth bulbs

need help to locate some midnight mystique hyacinth bulbs. please
e-mail me at if you can help me acquire some of
these flower bulbs.

sherman
Old 31-03-2006, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

sherm wrote:
need help to locate some midnight mystique hyacinth bulbs. please
e-mail me at if you can help me acquire some of
these flower bulbs.

A quick Google indicates that these are sold only by Thompson & Morgan
and that one bulb will cost £9.99.
http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk...hyacinth+bulbs
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 31-03-2006, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sherm

Sacha wrote:

sherm wrote:

need help to locate some midnight mystique hyacinth bulbs. please
e-mail me at if you can help me acquire some of
these flower bulbs.

A quick Google indicates that these are sold only by Thompson & Morgan
and that one bulb will cost £9.99.
http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/uk...hyacinth+bulbs
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Thanks for the quick response.

I actually knew that they were selling them, but they are only selling
them in the UK right now as they have limited numbers. I was hoping
someone would know of a store that stocks their products and would
probably be reselling them. they actually are saying that they won't be
selling them again for until 2010 so i don't want to miss them.

Or maybe even that some one might be able to offer me another
alternative way in order to purchase them. They offer three bulbs for
£17.99 which also gives you some white bulbs too. I was interested in
getting two orders if possible of these.

I have a black flower bed and would like to be one of the first to get
these bulbs here in the u.s.a.

sherm

Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MadCow

In message , sherm
writes

I have a black flower bed and would like to be one of the first to get
these bulbs here in the u.s.a.

ISTR anyone who sent you plants from here would have to get them
officially inspected and given a health certificate (and I'm sure our
government charges for it) and you'd need an import licence.

--
Sue ]
Old 02-04-2006, 04:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sherm

as i understand it you do not need to have them inspected there, it only
speeds things up for me in customs here to have them certified before
sending. the problem is not in export but rather in importing things.
sherm

MadCow wrote:
In message , sherm
writes

Old 02-04-2006, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"sherm" wrote
MadCow wrote:

sherm writes
I have a black flower bed and would like to be one of the first to get
these bulbs here in the u.s.a.

ISTR anyone who sent you plants from here would have to get them
officially inspected and given a health certificate (and I'm sure our
government charges for it) and you'd need an import licence.

Importing Plants, Seeds, and Bulbs into the U.S.A.
The importation of plants, seeds, and bulbs into the United States of America
requires that the shipments be accompanied by an official phytosanitary
certificate issued by the country of origin. Failure to have a phytosanitary
certificate will result in the plants, seeds, or bulbs being returned to the
sender or being destroyed.

You may need a USDA plant import permit as well. This is certainly true for
plants, and it helps in the case of seeds and bulbs. Permits are issued free of
charge upon application. Go to http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ppq/ for more
information.

Found this at http://www.shieldsgardens.com/info/ImportExport.html :
Importing Plants, Seeds, and Bulbs into the U.S.A.
The importation of plants, seeds, and bulbs into the United States of America
requires that the shipments be accompanied by an official phytosanitary
certificate issued by the country of origin. Failure to have a phytosanitary
certificate will result in the plants, seeds, or bulbs being returned to the
sender or being destroyed.

You may need a USDA plant import permit as well. This is certainly true for
plants, and it helps in the case of seeds and bulbs. Permits are issued free of
charge upon application. Go to http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ppq/ for more
information.

Jenny

Old 02-04-2006, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

sherm wrote:snip

I have a black flower bed and would like to be one of the first to get
these bulbs here in the u.s.a.

I think your best bet is to contact T&M and ask them if there are any
suppliers in the USA, or if there are likely to be in the near future.
They would certainly have Plant Breeder's Rights over these bulbs
having paid £150,000 for three (!) and will be in negotiation to
licence them for distribution in USA, I'm sure. You could try
contacting e.g. Terra Nova nurseries in Oregon, too though I'm not sure
that they do bulbs. They have a nice Heuchera called Obsidian, though!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-04-2006, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

sherm wrote:
t&m has made it clear they have no intention of selling these bulbs this
year in the usa they are going to only sell in the uk and then it isn't
going to be sold even there again until 2010. it doesn't even seem if
they are going to wholesale even in the uk due to the limited numbers.
i was hoping that i could find someone who would be purchasing and have
them resell. if you are only reselling and no propogating was involved
i would see no issue over patent or rights?

snip

I didn't mean to indicate that there would be an issue over PBR but
that they will, certainly be looking to sell these bulbs in USA because
it's a huge market. However, if they are NOT for sale there, there is
no way you can get hold of them without buying them from T&M and paying
for a phytosanitary certificate, even if they're willing to cooperate,
which seems unlikely.
If you're suggesting that someone in UK should sell some directly to
you in USA you are surely contravening all sorts of laws your country
has about the importation of plant material and involving someone else
in doing so, surely? I think you may just have to possess your soul in
patience!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

hyacinth bulbs? bonnie bedilla Gardening 2 03-06-2005 01:19 AM
hyacinth bulbs sst28 United Kingdom 3 27-03-2005 11:05 AM
Tulips and Hyacinth bulbs Luke Australia 1 02-05-2004 06:04 AM
Forcing hyacinth bulbs TLR Texas 1 02-01-2004 01:13 PM
Hyacinth bulbs Sylvie United Kingdom 0 27-10-2002 10:36 AM