Old 14-04-2006, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill

Default Wild Garlic??

At least I think that is what it is - certainly smells like it.

Somehow it has got into my garden and is spreading. I have dug up what I can
but some is growing amongst mature shrubs or plants that I don't want to
disturb.

Any idea how I can rid of it?

Regards.
Bill

Old 14-04-2006, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Bill" wrote in message
At least I think that is what it is - certainly smells like it.

Somehow it has got into my garden and is spreading. I have dug up what I
can
but some is growing amongst mature shrubs or plants that I don't want to
disturb.

Any idea how I can rid of it?

Regards.
Bill

Glyphosate will see it off-but you would need to carefully treat the leaves
of the garlic and not get it on the shrubs.
A safer way is to slice of the leaves just below soil level and carry on
doing this each time it tries to resurface.
You must do something soon before the plant flowers and sets seed.
I actually like the stuff but I keep it in check by the second method.

Old 14-04-2006, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill

Glyphosate will see it off-but you would need to carefully treat the

leaves
of the garlic and not get it on the shrubs.
A safer way is to slice of the leaves just below soil level and carry on
doing this each time it tries to resurface.
You must do something soon before the plant flowers and sets seed.
I actually like the stuff but I keep it in check by the second method.

Ok, thanks.

Actually I quite like it too, that's why it has got out of hand!!

Will try method 2!!

All the best.
Bill.

Old 14-04-2006, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cliff_the_gardener

Bill,
dig it up at the back end and flog it on ebay.
I planted 100 bulbs and not one has appeared. I suspect that dispite
my efforts my "improved" sandy soil isn't to its liking yet. However
were putting on ebay - if only to raise a few quid to buy more plants.

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Old 14-04-2006, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"cliff_the_gardener" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bill,
dig it up at the back end and flog it on ebay.
I planted 100 bulbs and not one has appeared. I suspect that dispite
my efforts my "improved" sandy soil isn't to its liking yet. However
were putting on ebay - if only to raise a few quid to buy more plants.

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

I can't see the point in selling it on eBay to raise a few quid so that you
can buy more of it:-))
If you end up out of stock due to excessive demand I can supply you with a
few megatons of the stuff free of charge.

Old 15-04-2006, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill

"cliff_the_gardener" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bill,
dig it up at the back end and flog it on ebay.
I planted 100 bulbs and not one has appeared. I suspect that dispite
my efforts my "improved" sandy soil isn't to its liking yet. However
were putting on ebay - if only to raise a few quid to buy more plants.

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

The stuff I have is growing in heavy clay!!

Always the same, when you don't want it!!

Bill

Old 15-04-2006, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Bill wrote:
"cliff_the_gardener" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bill,
dig it up at the back end and flog it on ebay.
I planted 100 bulbs and not one has appeared. I suspect that dispite
my efforts my "improved" sandy soil isn't to its liking yet. However
were putting on ebay - if only to raise a few quid to buy more plants.

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

The stuff I have is growing in heavy clay!!

Always the same, when you don't want it!!

Bill

I've been trying to grow it for a while now, unsuccessfully. Proves the
definition of a weed is any plant in the wrong place!

--
Please do not reply to this Email address,
as all Emails are deleted before opened.
Old 16-04-2006, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"mouldy man" wrote in message
Can I come round and pick some up ???

I can't see the point in selling it on eBay to raise a few quid so that
you
can buy more of it:-))
If you end up out of stock due to excessive demand I can supply you with a
few megatons of the stuff free of charge.

You are very welcome to collect or I can post you a few clumps. I spent
hours today digging it out to make way for a few plants. Just off to have a
bath I stink.

Old 18-04-2006, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
?..?

"Rupert" wrote in message
You are very welcome to collect or I can post you a few clumps. I spent
hours today digging it out to make way for a few plants. Just off to have
a bath I stink.

I'd appreciate some please.
Willing to sort the postage cost with you.
Please email
robbowatson at bt internet dot com

remove the spaces and words to suit ;-)

Thanks

Old 18-04-2006, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
?..?

"Rupert" wrote in message

"?..?" wrote in message

"Rupert" wrote in message
You are very welcome to collect or I can post you a few clumps. I spent
hours today digging it out to make way for a few plants. Just off to
have a bath I stink.

I'd appreciate some please.
Willing to sort the postage cost with you.
Please email
robbowatson at bt internet dot com

remove the spaces and words to suit ;-)

Thanks

Check your email

Done.....

Many thanks

Old 19-04-2006, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

?..? wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

"?..?" wrote in message

"Rupert" wrote in message
You are very welcome to collect or I can post you a few clumps. I
spent hours today digging it out to make way for a few plants.
Just off to have a bath I stink.

I'd appreciate some please.
Willing to sort the postage cost with you.
Please email
robbowatson at bt internet dot com

remove the spaces and words to suit ;-)

Thanks

Check your email

Done.....

Many thanks

While we're on the subject, I sent some wild garlic roots to a urg
reader a few years ago, but never had a note to say they had arrived
safely. These are trifles, I know, but I think it's rather nice to get
an acknowledgement, if only so we know whatever it is actually arrived.

--
Mike.

Old 19-04-2006, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
?..?

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
?..? wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

"?..?" wrote in message

"Rupert" wrote in message
You are very welcome to collect or I can post you a few clumps. I
spent hours today digging it out to make way for a few plants.
Just off to have a bath I stink.

I'd appreciate some please.
Willing to sort the postage cost with you.
Please email
robbowatson at bt internet dot com

remove the spaces and words to suit ;-)

Thanks

Check your email

Done.....

Many thanks

While we're on the subject, I sent some wild garlic roots to a urg
reader a few years ago, but never had a note to say they had arrived
safely. These are trifles, I know, but I think it's rather nice to get
an acknowledgement, if only so we know whatever it is actually arrived.

Well you didn't send them to me.
You don't know me
I have the email address of the person concerned and will confirm delivery
to them personally by email.
If your consignment wasn't acknowledged then you should have chased it.
People are fickle.

Old 19-04-2006, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

?..? wrote:
"Mike Lyle"

[...]
While we're on the subject, I sent some wild garlic roots to a urg
reader a few years ago, but never had a note to say they had arrived
safely. These are trifles, I know, but I think it's rather nice to
get an acknowledgement, if only so we know whatever it is actually
arrived.

Well you didn't send them to me.
You don't know me
I have the email address of the person concerned and will confirm
delivery to them personally by email.
If your consignment wasn't acknowledged then you should have chased
it. People are fickle.

I made no comment about you. And I'm hardly likely to chase up under
such circumstances.

--
Mike.

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Wild Garlic Jon United Kingdom 102 13-05-2003 09:56 PM
Wild Garlic and back to bluebells non-scripta Hussein M. United Kingdom 2 09-05-2003 06:46 PM
Wild garlic Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 30-03-2003 02:33 AM
wild garlic/onion. Terry Lynton United Kingdom 2 17-11-2002 02:09 AM