Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-04-2006, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Default Salix Caprea 'Kilmarnock'

Hi folks,

We bought one of these a few weeks ago and have planted it very close
to the house - about 6-7 ft away actually. It is about 5 ft high at
the mo and looking very lovely. Now I know it won't get much bigger
but have been reading on some other posts on here that it will seek out
water and should not be planted near water pipes - Oh dear! Can anyone
tell me if this will be real problem with this small type?

Also how do I train it to weep? In one of the old posts someone has
written that you have to train it to weep rather than just let it hang.
I am especially concerned about this because I have seen what looks
like a lot of these in other peoples gardens and they don't look very
nice. They seem to be really full and hanging and look like a monster
head type of thing and I don't want ours to end up looking like that.

Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Gail