Old 30-04-2006, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alec Powell

Default Small lean-to greenhouse

I am proposing to erect a small lean-to greenhouse for our garden,
(actually it will be more like a cold frame).
It would be sited under our lounge window and therefore no more that 4
feet tall x 6 feet long.
Any recommendations as to supplier/ web site?
I would like it to be pretty high quality so maybe made to order?
Any help would be appreciated
TIA,
Alec Powell
--
Alec Powell
Watlington Oxon. UK

Old 30-04-2006, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC

Alec Powell wrote:
I am proposing to erect a small lean-to greenhouse for our garden,
(actually it will be more like a cold frame).
It would be sited under our lounge window and therefore no more that 4
feet tall x 6 feet long.
Any recommendations as to supplier/ web site?
I would like it to be pretty high quality so maybe made to order?
Any help would be appreciated
TIA,
Alec Powell

I'd be interesting in something like this too - although a about 4'
square.. I'll be hoping for some replies.
Old 30-04-2006, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"NC" wrote in message ...
Alec Powell wrote:
I am proposing to erect a small lean-to greenhouse for our garden,
(actually it will be more like a cold frame).
It would be sited under our lounge window and therefore no more that 4
feet tall x 6 feet long.
Any recommendations as to supplier/ web site?
I would like it to be pretty high quality so maybe made to order?
Any help would be appreciated
TIA,
Alec Powell

I'd be interesting in something like this too - although a about 4'
square.. I'll be hoping for some replies.

Lean too cold frame....
http://www.greenhousesupply.co.uk/de...hidcote&cat=17

Bit pricey though !

Could you not make perhaps one from standard window frames?
You probably oly need the top to be glass. The sides could be from wood or
thick clear palstic.
Jenny

Old 30-04-2006, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alec Powell

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, JennyC, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Lean too cold frame....
http://www.greenhousesupply.co.uk/de...s%20hidcote&ca
t=17

Bit pricey though !

Could you not make perhaps one from standard window frames? You
probably oly need the top to be glass. The sides could be from wood or
thick clear palstic.
Jenny

Thanks for this Jenny,
You're right about the price!
I had thought about using some double glazing for this.
Basically I need a small greenhouse for my small cool growing orchids,
(my wife having taken over the main greenhouse for her intermediate
temperature varieties).
As I would not need too much space then the thought of a small lean-to
seemed the best way forward.
It would need heating/cooling/ventilation and probably misting for what
I plan to do, but this is no problem.
I'll start looking at double glazing prices now! :-)
Thanks,
Alec Powell
--
Alec Powell