Old 01-05-2006, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Default Doggy poop disposal

Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of dog poops. I have two Jack
Russells that seem to do copious amounts of the stuff in the garden. I
have tried the doggy loo thing which seems to be useless as I spend
endless time filling it with water in an attempt to flush it away. It
just isn't efficient and doesn't seem to work.

Are there any other things on the market that would help? Would be
grateful if anyone could let me know.

Gail

Old 01-05-2006, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of dog poops. I have two Jack
Russells that seem to do copious amounts of the stuff in the garden. I
have tried the doggy loo thing which seems to be useless as I spend
endless time filling it with water in an attempt to flush it away. It
just isn't efficient and doesn't seem to work.

Are there any other things on the market that would help? Would be
grateful if anyone could let me know.

Gail

I do not know of any suitable products to get rid of dog poops.
Excretabeta (pre release name) was developed in the mid 70's. It consisted
of enzymes and detergent and a few other bits and pieces (i.e. biological
detergent) but all you got was a foaming dog turd. It's not April 1st and it
is true- honest.
The woman up the road collects her dog poop and that of other less
thoughtful owners and flushes it down the loo.
I suppose that is legal?

Old 01-05-2006, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message . com
from "tom&barbara" contains these words:

Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of dog poops. I have two Jack
Russells that seem to do copious amounts of the stuff in the garden. I
have tried the doggy loo thing which seems to be useless as I spend
endless time filling it with water in an attempt to flush it away. It
just isn't efficient and doesn't seem to work.

I've never heard of people adding water to them..surely the contents
are just dry, left t
of earth over each addition. When it's full start another hole.

Janet

Hi Janet,

It's a bio dog loo. Basically you fill the bottom bit with water and
put some bio-activator in it (environmental friendly chemical) and then
add the dog poos. The bio activator decomposes it quickly supposedly
:-( You are supposed to flush it through every two weeks and add
more chemical. Mine just isn't working even though we followed the
instructions to the letter when installing it. I have to use the hose
pipe to flush it through and that is definitely not enviro friendly
these days, not the amount of water I am having to use to flush it away
anyway. :-(

I Could try digging it in I suppose.

Gail

Old 01-05-2006, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"tom&barbara" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of dog poops. I have two Jack
Russells that seem to do copious amounts of the stuff in the garden. I
have tried the doggy loo thing which seems to be useless as I spend
endless time filling it with water in an attempt to flush it away. It
just isn't efficient and doesn't seem to work.

Are there any other things on the market that would help? Would be
grateful if anyone could let me know.

Gail

The woman up the road collects her dog poop and that of other less
thoughtful owners and flushes it down the loo.
I suppose that is legal?

I'm not sure it's illegal Rupert but I know that you are not supposed
to do it because apparently the stuff they treat sewage with doesn't
kill all the diseases etc that animals carry it only kills and makes
good human sewage, so it's a definite no no. At least that is what I
have been led to believe.

Gail

Old 01-05-2006, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ned

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

[...]

Don't ask the question! It is bound to prompt legislation.
Although, given the high proportion of vermin taking advantage of the
sewer system, I doubt that a bit of doggie-do will add significantly
to potential concern.

--
ned

Old 02-05-2006, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of dog poops. I have two Jack
Russells that seem to do copious amounts of the stuff in the garden. I
have tried the doggy loo thing which seems to be useless as I spend
endless time filling it with water in an attempt to flush it away. It
just isn't efficient and doesn't seem to work.

Are there any other things on the market that would help? Would be
grateful if anyone could let me know.

Gail

http://blunham.com/HarryHow/index.html

In the corner somewhere :-))

chuck a little earth in each time and when within 9 inches of the top, fill
in and start again :-)))

Works, honest. Been there. Done that. Had a clear garden :-)) and that was
with Alsatians :-))

Mike
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

Old 02-05-2006, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

It's a bio dog loo.

does it look like a buried bucket? (The previous occupiers of our house had
a dog and we have been arguing about what we have r3cently found buried in
teh garden - my thought was that it was a dog loo but dh thought that I was
mad )

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Old 02-05-2006, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

H Ryder wrote:
It's a bio dog loo.

does it look like a buried bucket? (The previous occupiers of our house had
a dog and we have been arguing about what we have r3cently found buried in
teh garden - my thought was that it was a dog loo but dh thought that I was
mad )

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Yes Hayley it basically is a buried bucket. :-)

Gail

Old 03-05-2006, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have any ideas about getting rid of dog poops. I have two Jack
Russells that seem to do copious amounts of the stuff in the garden. I
have tried the doggy loo thing which seems to be useless as I spend
endless time filling it with water in an attempt to flush it away. It
just isn't efficient and doesn't seem to work.

Are there any other things on the market that would help? Would be
grateful if anyone could let me know.

any dog poo I collect from my 2 mutts goes under the front hedge as a
mulch/manure. I keep it permanently mulched to suppress grass and weeds. The
poo just adds to the mulch and breaks down quickly in rain. It does smell
either unless the poop is very fresh.

rob

Doggy 2 Frank Garden Photos 0 10-08-2007 01:43 AM
Doggy Frank Garden Photos 0 10-08-2007 01:37 AM
Doggy problem on lawn Graham Dixon United Kingdom 15 18-08-2003 06:02 PM
Brush Disposal Beerbuoy Texas 2 01-08-2003 04:04 AM
Safe disposal of defunct HPS lamps? Jonathan Sachs Gardening 0 08-02-2003 05:43 PM