Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2006, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How do I protect a hedge from the local kids?

Sue wrote:
"the_constructor" wrote

Trimmed prickly boundary hedges are one thing but bramble canes, which
were suggested somewhere upthread, are a bit of a different matter if
you allow them to grow out from your property over a public footpath
though - and they can grow quickly. You might very well be liable for
damages if someone got hurt by one whipping about in the wind. I know of
someone who lost an eye like this.

--
Sue

I've mentioned it before, if the hedge isn't overhanging the pavement
you could probably put up railings. If it is overhanging then cut it
back. I get a bit peaved when I have to step into the road to avoid
walking into peoples hedges.