Old 13-05-2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

Default yellow climbing rose

Can anyone recommend a yellow climbing rose to climb up a wall and around a
doorway please? My intention was to plant one either side of the door and
get them to meet over the top so I'm not after anything too rampant, more
like 8-10'. I'd like it to be repeat flowering, heavily scented with full,
large flowers of the old rose, rather than hybrid tea shape. (Have tried D
Austin but can't find anythign with fits those criteria except Pilgrim and
I've got one of those so wanted a different one.) Thanks in advance,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Old 13-05-2006, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

H Ryder wrote:
Can anyone recommend a yellow climbing rose to climb up a wall and around a
doorway please? My intention was to plant one either side of the door and
get them to meet over the top so I'm not after anything too rampant, more
like 8-10'. I'd like it to be repeat flowering, heavily scented with full,
large flowers of the old rose, rather than hybrid tea shape. (Have tried D
Austin but can't find anythign with fits those criteria except Pilgrim and
I've got one of those so wanted a different one.) Thanks in advance,

Gloire de Dijon is fragrant and flowers from July to September. It is
a buff yellow and of the tea rose type. It's a major favourite of mine
- wonderful plant.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 13-05-2006, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "H Ryder" contains these words:

Can anyone recommend a yellow climbing rose to climb up a wall and

around a
doorway please? My intention was to plant one either side of the door

and
get them to meet over the top so I'm not after anything too rampant,

more
like 8-10'. I'd like it to be repeat flowering, heavily scented with

full,
large flowers of the old rose, rather than hybrid tea shape. (Have tried

Austin but can't find anythign with fits those criteria except Pilgrim

and
I've got one of those so wanted a different one.) Thanks in advance,

Maigold? It's (almost) single flowered rather than "full", but very
beautiful. If you dead head the first flowering you'll get another
later.

Janet

I was just going to suggest that, we get a second flush without the
deadheading must like us :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Climbing rose - White-rose.jpg Charles[_1_] Garden Photos 5 12-04-2008 06:30 PM
Climbing Red Rose? tsmay Roses 7 02-04-2003 06:56 PM
Climbing Yellow roses for a fence TripFarmer Roses 4 19-03-2003 04:32 AM
Climbing rose Kevin & Karin United Kingdom 10 01-03-2003 03:42 PM
Everblooming Climbing Red Rose Dave Roses 1 25-02-2003 02:04 AM