Old 19-06-2006, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fourmations

Default dublin garden centres / calling des!

Hi Des (and all)

Where in Dublin is good for plants (bedding specifically)
I have pain with the rubbish in homebase

rgds

4

Old 19-06-2006, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

fourmations wrote:
Hi Des (and all)

Where in Dublin is good for plants (bedding specifically)
I have pain with the rubbish in homebase

rgds

4

Hi fourmation.
The garden centre on the N7 - around Baldonnell - although not very
promising looking for the outside - has given me the odd good surprise
- I'd go there.
The Clondalkin one - turn right at Newlands X on way out of town, then
right again - is also *very* good, but in my experience more expensive.
Ditto with teh Johnstown Garden Centre in Johnstown.

Des can comment on the Nordie side :-)

Cat(h)

Old 19-06-2006, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fourmations

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
ps.com...

fourmations wrote:
Hi Des (and all)

Where in Dublin is good for plants (bedding specifically)
I have pain with the rubbish in homebase

rgds

4

Hi fourmation.
The garden centre on the N7 - around Baldonnell - although not very
promising looking for the outside - has given me the odd good surprise
- I'd go there.
The Clondalkin one - turn right at Newlands X on way out of town, then
right again - is also *very* good, but in my experience more expensive.
Ditto with teh Johnstown Garden Centre in Johnstown.

Des can comment on the Nordie side :-)

Cat(h)

thanks cat(h)

I am a southener, (rathfarnham)
so thanks for the advice

I can always rig up the armoured car for
a jaunt across the liffey ;-)

cheers
4

Old 23-06-2006, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins

"fourmations" wrote in message

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
ps.com...

fourmations wrote:
[...]

Howya 4;
I hate Dublin garden centres so I am not great for advice on which ones to
go to.
I also am not great for info on buying bedding.
The one Cath mentioned in Johnstown (Naas Road near Naas) is huge and the
biggest I have seen but it is pricey.
Airfield Gardens have a nice shop and that is near Dundrum but that is for
perennials mainly I think.
For bedding, This year, I just used White Cosmos Purity that I grew myself
from seeds and Dahlias that we grow from yeaqr to year and overwinter as
tubers. We tried to do Salvia patens but our overwintered tubers died.

Our nearest garden centres are in Dalkey or the local Woodies or Roches
Stores in Blackrock.
I only go there to buy canes or compost or napalm for the slugs.

Des