Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2006, 02:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[H]omer

Default Best resources for plant info?

Looking for extremely comprehensive plant information on mainly
British species of pretty much everything, from fungi to oak trees,
and everything in between, both wild (so-called weeds) and domestic.

I'd prefer electronic form, since there is significantly more space
available on my hard drive than on my bookshelf.

Type of info required:

.. Positive identification
.. Common and Latin names
.. Soil and environmental conditions
.. Life cycle and reproduction
.. Common pests, diseases and cures (organic) per species
.. Productivity tips, esp. WRT fruit and vegetables
.. General care advice

Need to identify and revive the contents of my garden, and improve a
section of common land. Also looking to grow my own fruit and veg.

I'm not in a hurry to learn everything on day one, but I'd feel more
comfortable with an authoritative and comprehensive reference,
esp. WRT British wild plants, that seems lacking in literature (that I
could find anyway).

--
K.