Old 26-07-2006, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New garden!

Hello everyone

I hope to become a bit of a regular on this group, so before I start asking
all my questions (and hopefully answering a few too if I can) I wanted to
introduce myself. I'm actually not completely new to this group, as I used
to post regularly in the dim distant past, but since I haven't posted to
this group any time in the last 5 years, I doubt that anyone will remember
me.

I've been living in a house in London with a rather small garden, wishing I
had a bigger one, for many years, and have finally saved up my pennies and
bought a house with a bigger garden. I'm really looking forward to doing all
sorts of exciting things, and I'm sure I'll need to tap into the wisdom of
this group many times over the next few months. I've been interested in
gardening for about 15 years, but have mostly been limited by the size of my
garden from doing anything too exciting, and for the last couple of years
have been ludicrously busy at work and have watched as more and more weeds
grew in the garden without having the time to do anything about it.

Anyway, all that is about to change. I'm going to make time for my garden
from now on. The garden isn't huge, although it's a lot bigger than my last
one, but the really good thing is that there are some council allotments at
the end of the garden of which I have rented a nice big patch which is
immediately adjacent to my garden. It's currently hugely overgrown.

The garden is mainly lawn with flower borders down the sides. My plan is to
leave that mainly as it is, but probably to dig up a large patch near the
house for a herb garden, and grow all my veg in the allotment.

I'm sure I'll be back with many questions before long, but in the meantime I
just wanted to say hello.

Best wishes
Adam

Old 26-07-2006, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam sam is offline

Adam wrote:
Hello everyone

I hope to become a bit of a regular on this group, so before I start asking
all my questions (and hopefully answering a few too if I can) I wanted to
introduce myself. I'm actually not completely new to this group, as I used
to post regularly in the dim distant past, but since I haven't posted to
this group any time in the last 5 years, I doubt that anyone will remember
me.

I'm sure I'll be back with many questions before long, but in the meantime I
just wanted to say hello.

Best wishes
Adam

Hello, Adam. Course I remember you! How is Eve these days?
Still fond of fruit?
With so much land at your disposal You need never be short.

Happy gardening !
Old 26-07-2006, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Adam
writes
Hello everyone

I hope to become a bit of a regular on this group, so before I start asking
all my questions (and hopefully answering a few too if I can) I wanted to
introduce myself. I'm actually not completely new to this group, as I used
to post regularly in the dim distant past, but since I haven't posted to
this group any time in the last 5 years, I doubt that anyone will remember
me.

Hi Adam. I was posting here much more than 5 years ago but have to
confess, I don't remember you at present. Anyway, welcome back and keep
posting.
--
June Hughes
Old 26-07-2006, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/7/06 21:40, in article ,
"Adam" wrote:
snip
I'm sure I'll be back with many questions before long, but in the meantime I
just wanted to say hello.

It sounds wonderful and welcome back. Are you still in London?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 27-07-2006, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

It sounds wonderful and welcome back. Are you still in London?
--

Yes, I am. In fact I've only moved about 200 yards from where I was before,
so I shouldn't have too many problems adapting to the new climate.

Old 27-07-2006, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/7/06 13:52, in article ,
"Adam" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

It sounds wonderful and welcome back. Are you still in London?
--

Yes, I am. In fact I've only moved about 200 yards from where I was before,
so I shouldn't have too many problems adapting to the new climate.

House moving by wheel barrow, eh? ;-)

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 27-07-2006, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Adam" wrote in message
[...]

I wouldn't worry to much about it being overgrown, bits of my veg patch are
frequently overgrown, doesn't stop me getting some nice veg off it though!

Alan