Old 16-08-2006, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rats

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:26:07 +0100, "Peter Stockdale"
wrote:

"©¿©" wrote in message
.. .

Amongst other drivel, this poster wrote :-

Bearing in mind its not his riverbank, or his river!

Please drivel orf.

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

**** off before you live to regret it.
Old 17-08-2006, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote this in , I, Marvo, say :

I sympathise with the other members.
Unc

He is just a troll, best ignored. Most regulars to this group
probably have him in their killfile (me included) so never see his
drivel anyway.

I see. I shall have to make one of these killfiles :-)

There was one, sounded very similar, over in rec.waterways, name of Paul. I
think they're like terrorists, they haven't got the minerals to tell anyone
who they are, and they hide behind false addresses. I thought, though, that
the things that let you post on newsgroups had a system whereby you could
complain and they would be cut off?

Old 17-08-2006, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:59:36 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

There is. It's called the off switch, now press it and **** off.
Old 19-08-2006, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (in Normandy)" wrote in
message ...
I sympathise with the other members.
Unc

He is just a troll, best ignored. Most regulars to this group probably
have him in their killfile (me included) so never see his drivel anyway.

I keep hearing about these killfiles. Whats all that bout then?

Old 19-08-2006, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I keep hearing about these killfiles. Whats all that bout then?

It just refers to adding certain posters to your blocked senders list. While
reading postings on Usenet it becomes quickly apparent that some peoples
reason for posting is simply to be offensive to anyone and everyone. If you
are not interested in the ramblings of such attention seekers, adding them
to the killfile is a way of filtering out their crap from the posts which
are worth reading. If you are using Outlook Express and you have just opened
a posting that you consider is posted by a troll, click Message Block
Sender. There are similar options with other newsreaders. Think of it as
weeding!

Old 19-08-2006, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" wrote in message

"David (in Normandy)" wrote in
message ...
I sympathise with the other members.
Unc

He is just a troll, best ignored. Most regulars to this group probably
have him in their killfile (me included) so never see his drivel anyway.

I keep hearing about these killfiles. Whats all that bout then?

In OE it is Block Sender.
Enter the email add and bobsyouruncle - no more posts received from that
source.
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 20-08-2006, 01:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local,alt.aratzio

wrote this in , I, Marvo, say :

I sympathise with the other members.
Unc

He is just a troll, best ignored. Most regulars to this group
probably have him in their killfile (me included) so never see his
drivel anyway.

I see. I shall have to make one of these killfiles :-)

There was one, sounded very similar, over in rec.waterways, name of Paul. I
think they're like terrorists, they haven't got the minerals to tell anyone
who they are, and they hide behind false addresses. I thought, though, that
the things that let you post on newsgroups had a system whereby you could
complain and they would be cut off?

There is. It's called the off switch, now press it and **** off.

ROF!
--
ah

Rats, Rats, R-A-T-S J. Farnsworth Wallaby Gardening 13 07-08-2003 03:32 AM
Rats and mice Just a little bit Australia 12 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
Rats in garden Paul Australia 6 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
[IBC] Tree Rats Louis Brooks Bonsai 0 16-02-2003 05:03 PM
rats in compost Nat United Kingdom 14 31-01-2003 08:18 PM