Old 27-08-2006, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Electric shredders

The FAQ re garden shredders seems to be unavailable at the moment so any
advice would be appreciated.

I had a lot of experience with a large petrol engine shredder when
making compost in my previous garden, however I have now moved to a
small garden where I still intend to make compost, although on a smaller
scale.

I'm thinking about getting an electric shredder but have no experience
of such machines. The Bosch AXT2200 seems to get a favourable write-up
but before committing myself I'd appreciate any advice or other
recommendations anyone might have.

Regards.
--
Jim
Old 27-08-2006, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hello,

Have you thought about going along to a few garden machinery dealers.
Listen to what they have to say without committing yourself to anything
and make your mind up from what you see and hear. Even ask for
demonstrations and if they could put you in contact with someone who
has purchased similar machines.

EddSmith

www.charleylandscapes.com

http://groups.google.com/group/charleylandscapes

http://groups.google.com/group/Garden-Machinery

Old 28-08-2006, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"EddSmith" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

Have you thought about going along to a few garden machinery dealers.
Listen to what they have to say without committing yourself to anything
and make your mind up from what you see and hear. Even ask for
demonstrations and if they could put you in contact with someone who
has purchased similar machines.

Edd's advice is sound but to answer your question about personal experience,
we have one (don't know the name) and it's great to use. Sometimes we
compost stuff, if it's soft, sometimes we keep the stuff in bags and then
spread it directly on the garden, there have been times when it's gone
straight onto beds (vegetable). But we have a couple of bantams who turn it
over and activate it for us ...

EddSmith

Old 29-08-2006, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jim Allan wrote:

I'm thinking about getting an electric shredder but have no experience
of such machines. The Bosch AXT2200 seems to get a favourable write-up
but before committing myself I'd appreciate any advice or other
recommendations anyone might have.

Regards.
--
Jim

I've got the Bosch and can recommend it.
It is heavy to carry, and very soft stuff sometimes clogs it - but that
should have gone straight into the compost anyway.
If it does jam it is easy to clear.

John

Old 30-08-2006, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

get a quiet shredder- screw type- not the noisy spinning blade type . b&q
have a cheaper ryobi model than the bosch. I got a bosch axt 2000 off ebay
catalogue return less than half price brilliant.
"John" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 31-08-2006, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article .com, John
writes

I've got the Bosch and can recommend it.
It is heavy to carry, and very soft stuff sometimes clogs it - but that
should have gone straight into the compost anyway.
If it does jam it is easy to clear.

John

I've used a Bosch, hate it .. too flimsy, couldn't do hawthorn as the
feeder hole was long and thin rather than round and didn't shred very
easily.
Now got a Viking /Stihl shredder and it takes broomhandkle thickness
stuff. Not too noisy, has round hole so branched cuttings can be shoved
in and chops up well.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy