Old 14-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Liz & Andy

Default pear identity crisis

Dear All,

A couple of years ago I bought a couple of minarette pear trees (beth, I
think) from Ken Muir. One has flowered and borne fruit. The other has only
put out leaves. The non-fruiting one now appears to have peach leaf curl.
Am I going mad? Have I failed to notice that my pear was a peach? Can you
even get minarette peaches?? Or is there some similar disease that gives
pear leaves the blistery red segment characteristic of peach leaf curl?

Otherliz, jumpily watching out for lily beetle, hemerocallis rust and swine
fever.

Old 15-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Liz & Andy

Liz & Andy wrote in message
Dear All,

A couple of years ago I bought a couple of minarette pear trees (beth, I
think) from Ken Muir. One has flowered and borne fruit. The other has

only
put out leaves. The non-fruiting one now appears to have peach leaf curl.
Am I going mad? Have I failed to notice that my pear was a peach? Can

you
even get minarette peaches?? Or is there some similar disease that gives
pear leaves the blistery red segment characteristic of peach leaf curl?

Otherliz, jumpily watching out for lily beetle, hemerocallis rust and

swine
fever.

Ok, having found out via pest websites that it's pear leaf blister mite,
which isn't too serious, I thought I'd let you know.

Otherliz

Identity crisis KD Gardening 6 28-07-2004 10:02 AM
Identity crisis KD Gardening 7 27-07-2004 03:04 AM
PICS OF: Tree-Cutting Crisis with my neighbor TheKeith Lawns 18 25-06-2003 12:32 AM
PICS OF: Tree-Cutting Crisis with my neighbor TheKeith Gardening 21 25-06-2003 12:32 AM
Solving the Drought and Bushfire crisis S. McLaren Australia 28 05-04-2003 06:35 AM