Old 26-09-2006, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bosch shredder giving out?

I have a Bosch 1600 shredder, the sort with the helical cutting screw
that draws the stuff down into the bore of a close fitting tube. It's
about five years old and has done sterling service shredding mostly
leylandii and other woody hedge trimmings. But it's becoming
increasingly prone to blocking. A plug of fine shreddings builds up in
the throat and is difficult to shift, and small whippy pieces of
leylandii often just to go round and round, wound round the cutter
screw.

It's my impression that both the cutting blade and the bore of the
tube are getting worn. Are there any adjustments I can make, or is it
possible to get it restored to something like its former efficiency
by one of these garden tool repair and service places?

Or is it time to get another one? If so, recommendations for quiet,
slow speed types please. I've seen mention of shredders that have some
sort of toothed or cog-type cutter that acts against a plate to both
draw in and chop whatever's fed to it, and that the plate is
adjustable to allow for wear. Can someone tell me makes and models
please?

--
Chris

Old 26-09-2006, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
[...]

I've not needed to get my Bosch shredder refurbed yet so I can't help with
service agents.
My shredder is a Bosch as listed here
http://www.garden4less.co.uk/bosch-g...xt-2200-hp.asp

It is the best machine I have ever owned and takes considerable abuse. I
think other folk in the group have also had good experience of this machine.

Old 27-09-2006, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:07:29 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

[...]

Hive these people a ring
http://www.healystool.co.uk/

I suspect what you need is one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bosch-Helix-Cu...QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway, it's cheaper than a new shredder

Rick... (The other Rick)