Old 20-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Jonathan Ives

Default Bosch shredder auger damaged ?

hi,

I have had a Bosch Shredder (2000 AXT) auger-type , for a few years.
It gets periodic heavy use, mustly apple wood and confier.

It has started "bunging up" and even switching in reverese and poking
around with the hook tool would'nt sort things.

hence I bit the bullet , took it apart and removed all the chewed up
stuff inside.

NOTE : These units are well put together, with around 20+ hex screws
holding the two sides together. The main unit is also VERY heavy. It
took me about 2 hours to dismantle, clean out, reassemle (twice -
mised out one earth lead)

Anyway, when cleaning it out , I noticed chips missing from the edge
of the auger. I have only put wood through it, never metal etc, but it
looks like the auger is not as sharp as it was. Put it all back
together and put some various twigs and brambles through. Within 20
minutes the auger was all blocked up agin, turning but also "chewing"
and blocking any more stuff.

My feeling is the auger needs replacement. Anyone any similar
expericnes. My unit has not been abused, but the auger seems to have
worn badly ?
Old 20-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Chris S

"Jonathan Ives" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Very like the symptoms on my 1600 version of the bosch - I started off
thining it was the bees knees, but I have to feed it a mixed diet of softer
and harder clippings to avoid constant blockages. I haven't had it apart -
it should last, though, it wasn't cheap.
:-((

Chris S

Old 21-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Jonathan Ives" wrote in message
om...
hi,

I have had a Bosch Shredder (2000 AXT) auger-type , for a few years.
It gets periodic heavy use, mustly apple wood and confier.

It has started "bunging up" and even switching in reverese and poking
around with the hook tool would'nt sort things.

hence I bit the bullet , took it apart and removed all the chewed up
stuff inside.

NOTE : These units are well put together, with around 20+ hex screws
holding the two sides together. The main unit is also VERY heavy. It
took me about 2 hours to dismantle, clean out, reassemle (twice -
mised out one earth lead)

You can access the auger from the front which is only 4 screws, and yes they
do need replacing after a few years (or sharpening - which is probably more
expensive and less effective!)
Mine is still the bees knees :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.