Old 29-10-2006, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default this is getting ridiculous - sorry, Jenny

All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem
to be sending.... sorry, one and all!
--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 29-10-2006, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Klara
writes

All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem
to be sending.... sorry, one and all!

You didn't send me one
--
June Hughes
Old 29-10-2006, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Klara
writes

All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem to
be sending.... sorry, one and all!

You didn't send me one

Nor me, where did mine go?

Alan

--
June Hughes

Old 29-10-2006, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem to
be sending.... sorry, one and all!

You didn't send me one

Nor me :-(

Mary
--
June Hughes

I had one - smug smile - its O.K. Klara :-)

Old 30-10-2006, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Klara wrote:
All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I
seem to be sending.... sorry, one and all!

Why don't you use outlook express and move the 'reply' button? - I see
you're using turnpike so I can't help you with that, but for news reading,
the 'reply' button is more of a hindrance than a help, especially when
intoxicated, as I frequently am.

For OE users:
Right click on a blank piece of the top bit where all the send/recv |
forward | Print buttons are and choose 'customize'...move the 'reply' button
from it's default location, which is next to 'reply group' and shove it at
the right hand side, next to 'headers' and 'newsgroups', you can do this by
highlighting 'reply' and clicking 'move down' until it's out of the way.

HTH

Old 30-10-2006, 05:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Klara" wrote in message

All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem to
be sending.... sorry, one and all!
--
Klara, Gatwick basin

I+Think my computer is having a senior moment.....no mail from you :~))
Jenny

Old 30-10-2006, 05:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
Klara wrote:
All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I
seem to be sending.... sorry, one and all!

Why don't you use outlook express and move the 'reply' button? - I see
you're using turnpike so I can't help you with that, but for news reading,
the 'reply' button is more of a hindrance than a help, especially when
intoxicated, as I frequently am.

For OE users:
Right click on a blank piece of the top bit where all the send/recv |
forward | Print buttons are and choose 'customize'...move the 'reply'
button from it's default location, which is next to 'reply group' and
shove it at the right hand side, next to 'headers' and 'newsgroups', you
can do this by highlighting 'reply' and clicking 'move down' until it's
out of the way.

HTH

BRILLIANT !
Why have I never thought of that ?
Jenny "~)

Old 30-10-2006, 07:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Phil L
writes
Klara wrote:
All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I
seem to be sending.... sorry, one and all!

Why don't you use outlook express and move the 'reply' button? - I see
you're using turnpike so I can't help you with that, but for news reading,
the 'reply' button is more of a hindrance than a help, especially when
intoxicated, as I frequently am.

For OE users:
Right click on a blank piece of the top bit where all the send/recv |
forward | Print buttons are and choose 'customize'...move the 'reply' button
from it's default location, which is next to 'reply group' and shove it at
the right hand side, next to 'headers' and 'newsgroups', you can do this by
highlighting 'reply' and clicking 'move down' until it's out of the way.

HTH

Did it carefully this time - I think :-))

We started using Turnpike (mainly for business) when Demon recommended
it long ago, but the time is definitely coming for change! It's like
everything else: lots of back correspondence to archive (full of
attachments, which I'd have to strip out first) and the mere effort of
changing when we can never catch up with ourselves anyway! My problem is
not intoxicated so much as cross-eyed by the time I actually use the
computer for relaxation!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 30-10-2006, 07:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , JennyC
writes

"Klara" wrote in message

All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem to
be sending.... sorry, one and all!
--
Klara, Gatwick basin

I+Think my computer is having a senior moment.....no mail from you :~))
Jenny

Funny, that - I wonder where it went, then?
In retrospect I think they were nearly-November moments ...
Wallowing in your 5000 pictures helps :-)))
(As did going to see the Amateur Wildlife photographer exhibition at the
Natural History museum ... amazing!)
--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Old 30-10-2006, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Kate Morgan
writes
All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem to
be sending.... sorry, one and all!
You didn't send me one

Nor me :-(

Mary
--
June Hughes

I had one - smug smile - its O.K. Klara :-)

Good grief, did I just do it again?!? (Crawls under rock...)
--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 30-10-2006, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I see
you're using turnpike

All you do in Turnpike is hit the "follow up" button, a separate window
will ask whether you are sure want to follow-up or reply personally and
you just choose.

It then shows at the top of the page who the reply is going to and
whether it is cc'ed etc.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 30-10-2006, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Klara" wrote in message

All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem
to be sending.... sorry, one and all!
--
Klara, Gatwick basin

I+Think my computer is having a senior moment.....no mail from you :~))
Jenny

I'm always having 'senior' moments!(:-)

Alan

Old 30-10-2006, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

I see
you're using turnpike

All you do in Turnpike is hit the "follow up" button, a separate window
will ask whether you are sure want to follow-up or reply personally and
you just choose.

It then shows at the top of the page who the reply is going to and
whether it is cc'ed etc.

Thanks, Janet. Until a spate of them this weekend, I had usually managed
to get them right - I guess I'm so used to replying to emails in the
course of work the fingers just do their thing and the eyes (and brain)
don't have all that much to do with it...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 30-10-2006, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Klara" wrote in message

All I can blame is a rash of senior moments for all these emails I seem
to be sending.... sorry, one and all!
--
Klara, Gatwick basin

I+Think my computer is having a senior moment.....no mail from you :~))
Jenny

I'm always having 'senior' moments!(:-)

Alan

I keep hoping they won't hit me while I wander across the A road we live
on :-(

--
Klara, Gatwick basin