Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default URG

On Mar 5, 8:01 am, Sacha wrote:
Never say never but for now, I'm taking a break from urg. The days are long
gone when we could all have a bit of light-hearted humour, talk a little
about our families and our lives - some members even posted up web site
photos, nobody would dare do that now - and frankly, it's too wearing to be
constantly sniped at or have posts distorted and quoted months later but out
of context. Once Jenny, who has no children, posted details of my
children's identities here, I knew I would be the target for every chip on
every shoulder and that has now proved to be the case. Thank you, Jenny. I
hope one day you will get your just reward but you will, I hope, notice
that I have never revealed any of the many personal details about yourself
that you sent to me in email.
Puce's remarks about my daughters and her supposed 'innocence' on that and
many other matters that affect me really are too dishonest for mere words to
express. Others have suffered from her far worse than I have and like me,
have had enough. It's no good saying 'ignore her', because of the lies and
distortions she posts here or via emails. She has claimed people here have
emailed her with gossip or nasty remarks about each other and of course,
nobody can prove whether it's true or not. It is becoming rare for me and
some others to be able to post without her or one of her 'gang' making some
unpleasant remark or snide jibe.
IMO, she has wrecked this group and introduced a truly poisonous atmosphere
of distrust.
I see no reason to endanger my family and like any other mother, I put my
children first, last and always. Now that they are being used to attack me,
I have no choice but to protect them as best I can.
If anyone here ever starts a moderated group, I'll be happy to contribute
what I can.
So I'm leaving for now but will keep in touch with friends via email. I'm
trying to change that address but will let my friends know my new one. To
those of you who made it fun, thank you.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Sacha, as someone who comes here to learn and be entertained, I regret
your decision, because you and other posters have been hugely helpful
to me in my very amateurish gardening attempts.
I do not wish to know the depth of nastyness visited on you to
motivate this decision. Usenet can be a scary place if one gets too
involved. Ignored, left unanswered and given no personal information
to use as hooks, trolls and abusers *do* tire. I am affraid that some
of the posters who have left, including you, have been way too
inclined to involve themselves in long slanging matches which have
done them no favours, even if they didn't start the mud slinging.
I hope you continue contributing here - just ignore or even better,
killfile, the posters you dislike.

Cat(h)

Old 08-03-2007, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5 Mar, 09:01, Sacha wrote:
[...]

I used to read ALL posts on this NG, but in the last few months the
level of OT cross posting has become intolerable, and the actions of
one or two people with thier vendetta against one of the most
knowledgable members of this group has reached a ridiculous level. I
am sorry Sacha has made that decision, but she must feel she has been
driven to it. I have ben using this NG to keep up to date with
happenings in the UK, and to put my two penn'rth in when I feel it can
help, also just to annoy people when it's really bad weather over
there. The cross posting of politial rants about anything and
everything has blighted the google groups for soem time now and has
resulted in me leaving most of the groups I used to post to, at the
moment I'm staying with this group, but it may not be for long.

Mike

Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 8, 3:47 pm, "Mike in Spain" wrote:
On 5 Mar, 09:01, Sacha wrote:

[...]

Mike- Hide quoted text -

Well said Mike. I have 3 computers, lucky me, two belong to me and
one to my employers. On one I access by Google which is difficult to
filter and the other one, also my private computer with a private
email address, is very easy to use a filter, it is Demon and I use
Turnpike which is absolutely great. The third computer, the one my
employers provide me with, cannot access newsgroups or any commercial
site so I don't need to set a killfile there.

If you could purchase the Turnpike software and I don't know if you
can, (as a Demon user, it comes free) then you could kill all trolls,
you can filter out stupid threads by just killing a thread and
removing it from your server which I have done many times.
Unfortunately trolls usually have a few sock puppets up their sleeves
so they can slide in, that is until they are recognised - we have a
few here but hopefully they will be leaving us soon.

I hope that helps.

Judith

did anybody see this on urg? martin United Kingdom 158 04-02-2004 12:53 AM
URG Kew again? Provisionally Tue 29th Jim W United Kingdom 5 27-07-2003 11:34 PM
URG Kew again? Jim W United Kingdom 19 22-07-2003 05:13 PM
AD: A different way to read urg. kevin United Kingdom 4 19-04-2003 11:08 PM
Humour - I saw this and thought of URG.... flake United Kingdom 15 10-12-2002 01:04 AM