Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default URG

Alan Holmes wrote:
"charles" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 09:36:33 +0000, "Pete (.¿.)"
wrote:

childish comments removed

The value of your opinion is demonstrated by the content of your
multiple cross-postings in other threads.
You can hardly complain about another's behaviour while you abuse
usenet so comprehensively.

Who the hell is 'Pete'?

Just to be clear......... it isn't me.
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 05-03-2007, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

You could carry on reading the group, just killfile those who
irritate you, just as I have done, you could still offer those of us
left, the benefit of your experience.

Alan

I agree. I understand your concern for your children, however, I'm not sure
I see what harm there is in reading the group, and helping people where you
can. Will miss your interesting comments......... nice name too
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 05-03-2007, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:52:08 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...

You could carry on reading the group, just killfile those who irritate you,
just as I have done, you could still offer those of us left, the benefit of
your experience.

Alan

She wont get the attention she seeks then!
--

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

Disclaimer

Pete has taken all reasonable care to ensure that pages published by him
were accurate on the date of publication or last modification.
Other pages which may be linked or which Pete may have published are in
a personal capacity. Pete takes no responsibility for the consequences
of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information
published on any of these pages, and such information does not form any
basis of a contract with readers or users of it.

It is in the nature of Usenet & Web sites, that much of the information is
experimental or constantly changing, that information published may
be for test purposes only, may be out of date, or may be the personal
opinion of the author.
Readers should verify information gained from the Web/Usenet with the appropriate
authorities before relying on it.

Should you no longer wish to read this material or content, please use your
newsreaders kill filter.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 5, 9:45 am, Sally Thompson
wrote:

Sacha, I just wanted to say that I for one will be sorry to see you go, and
perhaps you might change your mind,

Sally she is only taking a break for now and definitely not left URG,
as matters are going on in the background and Sacha feels it would be
inappropriate to post whilst this is going on, she will be posting
again when she has resolved matters. snip

IMO, she has wrecked this group and introduced a truly poisonous atmosphere
of distrust.

No argument there.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Everyone knows what Puce has brought to urg, her behaviour and
language have spoken for her.

I wouldn't worry too much Sally, we still have many experts here, Kay,
Dave Poole, Charlie and so many others that I cannot name. Sacha will
be missed but it may only be for a while until things are resolved.

Judith

Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 5, 5:12 pm, "BoyPete" wrote:
Alan Holmes wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...

You could carry on reading the group, just killfile those who
irritate you, just as I have done, you could still offer those of us
left, the benefit of your experience.

Alan

I agree. I understand your concern for your children, however, I'm not sure
I see what harm there is in reading the group, and helping people where you
can. Will miss your interesting comments......... nice name too
--
ßôyþëtë

Boypete, if you knew the hisory you would understand. Sacha is
protective towards her family, whose history and ancestry was
broadcast across a newsgroup by a malicious person. Sacha fears that
she or her children would be stalked again and will take any legal
steps to ensure that anyone posting details of her children on usenet
is stopped. She only resorts to this after multiple requests not to
discuss her children are ignored and she gets jibes from one or two
ignorant, malicious low life.

What Sacha chooses to discuss about them i.e. Little so and so was
born today, is for her to do and she always omits the names of her
children when posting. Her children are high profile and threats to
them will be taken very seriously.

Now that I have given you a brief outline, I am sure that you will
understand why she is not posting at the moment. She will be posting
again, when matters have been resolved.

Judith

Old 05-03-2007, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 5, 6:22 pm, Sally Thompson
wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:47:48 +0000, wrote

I wouldn't worry too much Sally, we still have many experts here, Kay,
I didn't mean to imply that the others weren't expertsg. As a bumbling

amateur myself, their advice is very much appreciated.

They don't come any more amateur than me and that's why I have posted
to urg for so many years to learn and give just a little back of what
I have been taught. Urg will get back to what it was and then many
who have left will return. Can you remember how we used to joke and
the only comments posted would be kindly ones joining in the joke?

I hope things get resolved soon.

I'm sure they will and I have passed your kind comments onto Sacha.

Judith

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Old 05-03-2007, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
On Mar 5, 5:12 pm, "BoyPete" wrote:
Alan Holmes wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

Thanks Judith. Understood.
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:31:26 +0000, wrote
(in article .com):

wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:47:48 +0000, wrote

I wouldn't worry too much Sally, we still have many experts here, Kay,

I didn't mean to imply that the others weren't expertsg. As a bumbling
amateur myself, their advice is very much appreciated.

They don't come any more amateur than me and that's why I have posted
to urg for so many years to learn and give just a little back of what
I have been taught. Urg will get back to what it was and then many
who have left will return. Can you remember how we used to joke and
the only comments posted would be kindly ones joining in the joke?

I certainly can remember. It was one of the things I thought was so nice
when I first found this NG about 6 years ago. Another NG I had been a part
of (non gardening) was very hard on beginners, especially those who hadn't
done some prior research! I thought urg had a wonderful relaxed atmosphere,
very happy to share advice - much like gardeners in real life really.

So, pull up a broken deckchair or sit on that box over there and I'll put the
kettle on g. It has been tipping down all day here. I got drenched just
nipping over the road to feed a neighbour's cat. Our land is bad enough at
the best of times (we call it a challenge on a good day) and it is absolutely
waterlogged and impossible to walk on at the moment. Anyone have any Spring
sunshine? Please send it over here. If Wordsworth had been around here
today I think he would have written about A Host of Soggy Daffodils - not
quite the same ring, is it.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
bed and breakfast near Ludlow:

Old 05-03-2007, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BoyPete" wrote in message
wrote:

childish comments removed

The value of your opinion is demonstrated by the content of your
multiple cross-postings in other threads.
You can hardly complain about another's behaviour while you abuse
usenet so comprehensively.

Who the hell is 'Pete'?

Just to be clear......... it isn't me.

I'll try to remember that!(:-)

Alan

--
ßôyþëtë

Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 5, 5:12 pm, "BoyPete" wrote:
Alan Holmes wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...

Snip

Now that I have given you a brief outline, I am sure that you will
understand why she is not posting at the moment. She will be posting
again, when matters have been resolved.

I can't recall the beginnings of the dispute, so I am not qualified to
comment, nor am I going to take sides. I can say that I (and my wife) had
the pleasure of meeting Sacha recently, and it was a delight. It was the
first time I had met anyone I "knew" from usenet, and I don't know what I
expected, but it certainly wasn't the hospitality and generosity which we
were shown. Our best wishes go to Sacha and her family, and we look forward
to her reappearance in URG.

Steve

Old 06-03-2007, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sue
writes

IMO, she has wrecked this group and introduced a truly poisonous
atmosphere
of distrust.

No argument there.

Nor here. Except that poisonous isn't strong enough a word!

Unfortunately what will now happen is that we'll miss Sacha's knowledge
and interest in gardening questions. I for one value her posts but then
I am here for the gardening and friendly atmosphere, NOT to grind an axe
or score off other posters.

I sincerely hope Sacha will be back, as I hope Janet B. will one day
return,

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 08-03-2007, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:45:46 +0000, Sally Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:01:42 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

Never say never but for now, I'm taking a break from urg. The days are long
gone when we could all have a bit of light-hearted humour, talk a little
about our families and our lives - some members even posted up web site
photos, nobody would dare do that now - and frankly, it's too wearing to be
constantly sniped at or have posts distorted and quoted months later but out
of context.

Sacha, I just wanted to say that I for one will be sorry to see you go, and
perhaps you might change your mind, if not now then perhaps in the near
future. Surely it is better not to let anyone who particularly troubles you
be the victor in this but to take steps not to let them trouble you. I read
this NG for information, occasionally to offer information if I think I can,
and a little for entertainment. There are two people in this group who do
not offer me either information or entertainment, and I have found life much
sunnier just to KF them. My life (and I'm not alone in this!) is too busy to
care to read spite, and I only see the spiteful postings when others quote
them.

snip

IMO, she has wrecked this group and introduced a truly poisonous atmosphere
of distrust.

No argument there.

That in itself is spiteful. Was it necessary for you to wade in?
--

[...]

did anybody see this on urg? martin United Kingdom 158 04-02-2004 12:53 AM
URG Kew again? Provisionally Tue 29th Jim W United Kingdom 5 27-07-2003 11:34 PM
URG Kew again? Jim W United Kingdom 19 22-07-2003 05:13 PM
AD: A different way to read urg. kevin United Kingdom 4 19-04-2003 11:08 PM
Humour - I saw this and thought of URG.... flake United Kingdom 15 10-12-2002 01:04 AM