Old 19-07-2003, 12:23 AM
Jim W

Default URG Kew again?

Hi folks..

I seem to remember Natalie I think it was, suggesting a URG Kew meet at
the end of this month (July)..
Are people still up for that? Interested?

Last one was good despite having to smuggle our plant swops through
kew;-) (Plants not allowed to be brought into Kew folks-)

//
Jim
Old 19-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Bob Hobden

"Jim W" wrote in message
I seem to remember Natalie I think it was, suggesting a URG Kew meet at
the end of this month (July)..
Are people still up for that? Interested?

Last one was good despite having to smuggle our plant swops through
kew;-) (Plants not allowed to be brought into Kew folks-)

Put us down for it again.
--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 19-07-2003, 09:47 PM
cross

I seem to remember Natalie I think it was, suggesting a URG Kew meet at
the end of this month (July)..
Are people still up for that? Interested?

Last one was good despite having to smuggle our plant swops through
kew;-) (Plants not allowed to be brought into Kew folks-)

Put us down for it again.
--
Bob

-----
Me too ;-)

Marina

Old 20-07-2003, 02:23 AM
Essjay001

Jim W wrote:
Hi folks..

I seem to remember Natalie I think it was, suggesting a URG Kew meet
at the end of this month (July)..
Are people still up for that? Interested?

Last one was good despite having to smuggle our plant swops through
kew;-) (Plants not allowed to be brought into Kew folks-)

I am concerned. If plants are not allowed to be bought into Kew why did you
do it? Not the actions of a 'responsible' gardener if you ask me.
Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Old 20-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Jim W

Essjay001 wrote:

Jim W wrote:
Hi folks..

I seem to remember Natalie I think it was, suggesting a URG Kew meet
at the end of this month (July)..
Are people still up for that? Interested?

Last one was good despite having to smuggle our plant swops through
kew;-) (Plants not allowed to be brought into Kew folks-)

I am concerned. If plants are not allowed to be bought into Kew why did you
do it? Not the actions of a 'responsible' gardener if you ask me.
Steve R

I think you missed the smiley after that last sentence Steve.. Hope this
answers your Q and concern.

Put it this way.. The main reason is that the perimeter of Kew is a
long, long way to walk around;-) Some of us had to get to other gates
after picking up plants etc.

We were checked out by security, a Kew employee. He warned us and deemed
to 'look the other way'. I'm reminding people now so no one has to do it
again.

We didn't loiter and none of the plants, which were all bagged, were in
the gardens for longer than the time it took us to get to where we
wanted to go (as we were on the way out anyway)

I can fully understand the reasons for not wanting people to bring in
plant material. However it was either breaking the rules or a very very
long walk.

Define 'responsible' gardener anyway.. I think you'll find a very very
wide opinion of what that means, almost as wide as there are different
species of gardeners... I can think of some people who garden for a
living.. Wouldn't call 'em responsible though.

Are you offering a free cab and plant shuttle service for this meet
then;-))?? I don't actually seem to remember you being there at the
last one?..;-)?
//

Old 20-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Jim W

cross wrote:

I seem to remember Natalie I think it was, suggesting a URG Kew meet at
the end of this month (July)..
Are people still up for that? Interested?

Last one was good despite having to smuggle our plant swops through
kew;-) (Plants not allowed to be brought into Kew folks-)

Put us down for it again.
--
Bob

-----
Me too ;-)

Marina

Hmmm OK.. Well.. I can do....

Between now and end of month..

25th onwards.. At a pinch 22nd but thats Tues, so a bit soon..

So whats good for everyone?

Couple of ongoing events at Kew..

http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/events/brewing/index.html

and

http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/gowild/diary/july.html
//
Jim
Old 20-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Jim W

and even
http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/events/swing/

You have the ability to travel back in time?.. Amaaazing;-)
//
Jim
Old 20-07-2003, 12:19 PM
martin

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:42:55 +0100,
(Jim W) wrote:

and even
http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/events/swing/

You have the ability to travel back in time?.. Amaaazing;-)

:-)

Perhaps next year then.
--
martin
Old 20-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Bob Hobden

"Jim W" wrote in message

Between now and end of month..

25th onwards.. At a pinch 22nd but thats Tues, so a bit soon..

So whats good for everyone?

I can't do Sat 26th, judging Runnymede in Bloom all day, but OK otherwise
and we can do most weekdays too.

Old 21-07-2003, 02:38 AM
Essjay001

Jim W wrote:
Essjay001 wrote:

Is it allowed? NO!
Did you do it? YES!
Was that responsible? NO it wasn't!

I don't actually seem to remember you being there at the last one?..;-)?

It's a long way to come from the Middle East and if I am not there it's a
longer way to come if one is unemployed. And I won't be there for the next
one coz I'm off the Saudi in a couple of weeks.

Steve R

---

Old 21-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Jim W

fEssjay001 wrote:

Jim W wrote:
Essjay001 wrote:

Is it allowed? NO!
Did you do it? YES!
Was that responsible? NO it wasn't!

OK I'm irresponsible..Thats your point of view..I'm beginning to wonder
why it bothers you so much anyway..

I guess we were just as irresponsible as the guy who saw the plants, and
gave us Kew bags to carry them through Kew.
You asked why we did this. I gave an answer... You would rather I said
nothing and people did it again?

I would have been far more irresponsible for me (and others) to repeat
it knowingly then to do it one time. Thats why I said it here.. I
suppose THATS irresponsible as well then?

Tell me you never never ever broken a rule; never ever ever jumped an
orange light, or slipped over the speed limit, or any other number of
infringements that could be seen as irresponsible...

//
Old 21-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Essjay001

Jim W wrote:

Tell me you never never ever broken a rule; never ever ever jumped an
orange light, or slipped over the speed limit, or any other number of
infringements that could be seen as irresponsible...

What do you think I am a saint?

Steve R

---