Old 15-03-2007, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Access via Google

"La Puce" wrote
On 14 Mar, 17:13, "p.k." wrote:
I have presented well sourced and referenced information indicating
3-4 years minimum from seed and . I am genuinely interested to know
where you got your original information that from seed Rhododendron
takes 2-3 years to flower.

Are you a joke or something?

Puce, the only joke is you.

You clearly didn't understand the original thread - or pretended not to.

You haven't read or taken in what's been written this time either.

Try again. Read it all *properly* before hitting your keyboard with even
more insults. According to you you've lived in England for over 25
years. You ought to be able to read written English sufficiently enough
to comprehend what p.k and loads of other people in the original thread
were talking about.

Are you trying to drive me mad? )) Read
what you have written.

No. YOU read what's been written. You're driving everyone else mad.

You first said that the discussion was about
flowering period from cuttings. Then in another post it's from seeds.

Wrong. Start again and concentrate.

Then I said 2-3 years to flower from seeds, you reply it's 3-4 yeasrs,
and you then ask me to show you evidence to support my theory that
it's 2-3 years.....

pk, I'm sorry but there's no clocks on a rhodo. If your books or
google says to you it's around 3-4 years, and my reference says around
2-3 years, why don't we just agree that it's around 2-4 years and we
go on with our lives?

If you know more than the RHS and people such as p.k. and the others
here who obviously have some small experience, then kindly give your
cites and back up your claim so we can all either learn something or
judge it as hogwash. That's what references are for. Otherwise you've
just caused confusion - again.

--
Sue

Old 15-03-2007, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15 Mar, 11:47, "p.k." wrote:
I've been observing your repeated spats with a number of people, only having
brecome aware of the trouble in here quite recently.
I thought I'd give you a chance...

Who do you think you are? I've never heard of you nor your gardening
advice nor questions, anything about you but your sudden interests in
what I wrote 1 years and a half ago. You've been prooved wrong and you
still carry on. Get a bloody life!!

Old 15-03-2007, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:
On 15 Mar, 11:47, "p.k." wrote:
I've been observing your repeated spats with a number of people,
only having brecome aware of the trouble in here quite recently.
I thought I'd give you a chance...

Who do you think you are? I've never heard of you nor your gardening
advice nor questions, anything about you but your sudden interests in
what I wrote 1 years and a half ago. You've been prooved wrong and you
still carry on. Get a bloody life!!

I've been here enjoying the friendly craik for about 10 years - it used to
be a friendly place.

& actually it was something you wrote on 14 mach this year that caught my
aye as being wrong:

Oh I remember indeed! It was a plant ID - it was a rhodo and Ruppert
thought it was a skimmia. Then he realised it wasn't. I then thought
about potash since it didn't flower and because it was a rhodo from
seed and it was very young I did mentioned that it took 2 to 3 years
to flower from seeds, which they do.

I have very politely and reasonably asked you to point me to the source of
the information you posted, your first response was to shout at me and each
subsequent response has been more belligerent still: You asked for web
references for my information, I gave them. You still ignore my request for
you to reciprocate and provide similar references supporting your posted
advice, I really would be grateful if you could provide them: if it is only
2 years I might try it! What are your sources?

pk

Old 15-03-2007, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15 Mar, 12:01, "Sue" wrote:
If you know more than the RHS and people such as p.k. and the others
here who obviously have some small experience,

For crying out loud, will you ever EVER give me a break?! What do you
want from me? Here is a link to the bleeding bloody thread. Please
read it and let it be done with it. It's over a year ago now!!

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....D+please&hl=en

Old 15-03-2007, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 14, 11:04 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
Have you ever tried air-layering before, Judith?

Air layering is by far the best method. Easy & trouble free.

I've tried pegging down some of the lower branches, with some success,
but not all rhoddies are co-operative enough to _have_ low branches! G

Branches are now pegged down as we speak, thanks.

Judith