Old 14-03-2007, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cold night?

Don't know about anyone else but it's going to be a cold night here, unless
we get some cloud cover. It's a lovely inky blue sky with a hint of dusky
pink on the western horizon and you can almost hear the temperature
dropping. Hope those baby blackbirds are okay!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-03-2007, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Don't know about anyone else but it's going to be a cold night here,
unless
we get some cloud cover. It's a lovely inky blue sky with a hint of dusky
pink on the western horizon and you can almost hear the temperature
dropping. Hope those baby blackbirds are okay!
--
Sacha

Nothing compared to what is forecast for early next week.....

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1203.png

Old 14-03-2007, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/3/07 18:59, in article , "Russel
Sprout" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Don't know about anyone else but it's going to be a cold night here,
unless
we get some cloud cover. It's a lovely inky blue sky with a hint of dusky
pink on the western horizon and you can almost hear the temperature
dropping. Hope those baby blackbirds are okay!
--
Sacha

Nothing compared to what is forecast for early next week.....

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1203.png

Yikes! We've had one churchyard Macrocarpa down across our path and we know
the other has to be felled. The tree surgeon hopes to do it on the 24th but
at this rate, it looks as if nature might deal with it. It's adjacent to
electricity cables, too....... ;-(

Old 14-03-2007, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Russel Sprout" wrote after

"Sacha" wrote
Don't know about anyone else but it's going to be a cold night here,
unless
we get some cloud cover. It's a lovely inky blue sky with a hint of
dusky
pink on the western horizon and you can almost hear the temperature
dropping. Hope those baby blackbirds are okay!

Nothing compared to what is forecast for early next week.....

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1203.png

Oh dear, looks like I will have to get our Citrus trees back under cover,
they have been enjoying the spring sunshine so much.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 15-03-2007, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/3/07 23:07, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

snip

More brrrr! weather

"UK Outlook for Monday 19 Mar 2007 to Wednesday 28 Mar 2007:

A significantly colder weather type, already across northern areas, will
spread
across all parts by Monday. As temperatures dip to below average, there is an
increasing likelihood of showers turning wintry, especially in the north,
where
significant snowfall (perhaps with blizzards) is possible over hills.
Elsewhere,
wintry showers are possible, but accumulations of snow will be temporary. The
colder conditions will be accompanied by an increased risk of overnight frost
in
all parts of the UK. Rain, preceded by some snow, will spread from the west on
Wednesday. Beyond this, continuing unsettled, but less cold, across parts of
the
north, with occasional damp, windy spells whilst the south should be more
often
dry with some sunshine. Temperatures will return to generally near normal but
still with patchy night frost."

Oh well, let's hope it stays good for the w/e. Mothering Sunday w/e is
always a busy one for us and it really is lovely to see all the mums and
grandmothers having 'their day out'.
The above sounds horrible and I must say that my son warned me yesterday
that snow was coming this way and I thought he was winding me up! This
morning is very cold but bright and sunny, so far.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

Cold night ahead? Sacha[_11_] United Kingdom 8 14-11-2013 02:57 PM
Cold, Cold, Cold Dave Hill United Kingdom 18 12-12-2010 01:29 PM
Cold night Sacha United Kingdom 18 22-12-2006 03:21 PM
[IBC] cold cold in the north Andre Slivitzly Bonsai 0 15-01-2004 02:32 PM