Old 07-04-2007, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Russian vine

On 7 Apr, 12:20, "
wrote:
On Apr 7, 10:54 am, "Mike in Spain"
wrote:

On 4 Apr, 14:52, "Renee" wrote:

Could anyone tell me where I could get hold of a Russian vine? I'm
told they cover fences superbly.

many thanks in advance

Any garden centre, but beware, they grow rapidly, the name 'mile a
minute vine' is very apt and the stems, once they touch the ground,
root very easily, they produce a very heavy growth, and unless you
fence is very sound the weight will cause it to collapse. You MUST
keep it well trimmed otherwise it will take over.

When we lived in the City,our neighbour took her neighbour to Court,
after several attempts of asking to keep it in control, dreadful
business because the Russian Vine wouldn't stop growing at the
boundary of the gardens!!! When neighbour 1 came back from holiday,
she found it had marched and taken root in her own garden.

Judith

Strange, you hardly ever see the pink form of Russian Vine.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 07-04-2007, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 7, 2:37 pm, "Dave Hill" wrote:
On 7 Apr, 12:20, "

wrote:
On Apr 7, 10:54 am, "Mike in Spain"
wrote:

On 4 Apr, 14:52, "Renee" wrote:

[...]

Abacus Nurseries- Hide quoted text -

I don't think I have ever seen a pink form, it is different in habitat
to the white one? Not that I would use it anywhere as it is a brute.

I was riding this afternoon through Bluebell woods, lovely place, mile
after mile of bluebells and primrose. My horse was a bit skittish
when two very small rabbits ran under his hooves and I almost ended up
amongst the bluebells!

Judith

Old 07-04-2007, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...

I was riding this afternoon through Bluebell woods, lovely place, mile
after mile of bluebells and primrose. My horse was a bit skittish
when two very small rabbits ran under his hooves and I almost ended up
amongst the bluebells!

Judith

Would your horse by any chance be an Arab???????

One of my daughters used to breed Arabs and that is just their
characteristic :-) She too had a large swage of Bluebells on part of her
land. Don't know if she ever ended up in them though :-(

Mike

--
.................................................. ..............
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 07-04-2007, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 7, 5:50 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I was riding this afternoon through Bluebell woods, lovely place, mile
after mile of bluebells and primrose. My horse was a bit skittish
when two very small rabbits ran under his hooves and I almost ended up
amongst the bluebells!

Judith

Would your horse by any chance be an Arab???????

One of my daughters used to breed Arabs and that is just their
characteristic :-) She too had a large swage of Bluebells on part of her
land. Don't know if she ever ended up in them though :-(

Yes Mike he is an Arabian Stallion, but regrettably he is not mine, he
belongs to a friend who used to run a livery and stables and kept him
and another couple for family. I ride him whenever I can, which is
good for him and for me.

Your daughter is very lucky to have been involved with breeding them,
I have only been involved in as far as going to Newmarket to the
Racing School and seeing them being put through their paces, lovely
sensitive animals.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6 Apr 2007 03:55:55 -0700, "
wrote:

That's enough Ophelia, you are a VERY infrequent poster here,

When was frequency of posting a determinant of quality ?
You should apologise to Ophelia pronto !

bring your private quarrel with anyone to urg, it won't work, we are
sick to the teeth of some having a bash at Sacha,

_You_ may be sick to the teeth, dont presume to include me in your
"we".
Sacha had quality of gardening posts,
Sadly she also indulges in other types of post,
so some of us gave up trying sift the gems from the dross a wee while
ago
we have better things to do with our time.

judith.lee99 may soon go the same way ,,

Old 09-04-2007, 02:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 08:03:32 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:
"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message .com,
" writes

That's enough Ophelia, you are a VERY infrequent poster here, don't
bring your private quarrel with anyone to urg, it won't work, we are
sick to the teeth of some having a bash at Sacha,. It is so obvious
to everyone that you and June flounced off the food group and blamed
Sacha, and here we go again, you both come in, TOGETHER, and start
immediately bashing her, You have shamed yourself for getting involved
in this put up job. Now stop it or go elsewhere if you want a fight
because urg won't put up with it from you. You won't get a reply from
me on this Ophelia, you have joined your friend in the kill-file.

Hmm I have just seen this as you are in my killfile.

Who do you think you are?

Now there is a problem with having killfiles O.,
and then responding via somewone elses post,
I thought for a mo. you were having a go at June !

Hehee, this has the makings of a Jane Eyre miscommunication satire

Japanese Knotweed x Russian Vine Stewart Robert Hinsley United Kingdom 5 16-10-2008 10:11 AM
Russian Vine - can it be killed off? ADH United Kingdom 3 10-06-2006 02:07 AM
Russian Vine Capt T United Kingdom 4 29-07-2005 01:06 PM
Growth habit of Clematis armandii (was Russian Vine (Polygonum baldschuanicum)) Hussein M. United Kingdom 0 10-04-2003 12:20 AM
Russian Vine (Polygonum baldschuanicum) iamhere United Kingdom 15 09-04-2003 06:56 PM