Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default new planter but what to put in it?

On 6/5/07 18:36, in article , "Dwayne
& Angela" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 6/5/07 18:14, in article
,
"Dwayne
& Angela" wrote:
snip

Thanks for bumping this Sacha I missed Gregs post. the planter will have
clay pot the steel work will accomodate a 270mm pot. the steel itself
will
only be 20mm X 3mm. I really ought to paint up the one I made wrong and
get
a pic up on my blog (I measured the tray and not the pot itself so the
pot
wouldnt fit)

Actually, a pic really would be a good idea.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shi...2&.dnm=e2e4re2
.jpg&.src=ph
its not a good photo I just took it with my phone but the pot sits just at
the bottom and on top it will have bird-bath or sundial etc.

Yahoo tells me the page is no longer accessible.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/5/07 10:06, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 06 May 2007 22:51:11 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

snip

Yahoo tells me the page is no longer accessible.

It tells me that the file is no longer accessible.

If I use the whole URL it works.
Try URL :
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/441f1...2e4re2.jpg?phQ
DvPGBCz0Kx4pp

It looks like Beagle 2 has landed in Dwayne's back garden.

Still can't use it. It tells me that Safari can't find ³phvrf.yahoo.com².

Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 7/5/07 10:06, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 06 May 2007 22:51:11 +0100, Sacha

wrote:

snip

Yahoo tells me the page is no longer accessible.

It tells me that the file is no longer accessible.

If I use the whole URL it works.
Try URL :
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/441f1...2e4re2.jpg?phQ
DvPGBCz0Kx4pp

It looks like Beagle 2 has landed in Dwayne's back garden.

Still can't use it. It tells me that Safari can't find ³phvrf.yahoo.com².
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)
Devon County Show 17-19 May
http://www.devoncountyshow.co.uk/

Its posted on the pictures section of my blog Sacha (link below). Its the
last picture as I said its not a good picture and this is the one I made
wrong so I didnt paint it, hence all the rust.

My blog:
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shiptodruid

Old 07-05-2007, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gregoire Kretz" wrote in message
Dwayne & Angela wrote:

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shi...cdre2&.dnm=e2e
4re2.jpg&.src=ph its not a good photo I just took it with my phone but
the
pot sits just at the bottom and on top it will have bird-bath or sundial
etc.

A very nice idea, thanks for the picture. What's the base made of? I'm
thinking balance and very high centre of gravity here...

I think by the time you have a pot and tray at the bottom coupled with the
large base that will not be a problem.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
snip

Its posted on the pictures section of my blog Sacha (link below). Its the
last picture as I said its not a good picture and this is the one I made
wrong so I didnt paint it, hence all the rust.

Thank you. Finally got to it. My first reaction is that if you paint it,
what do you do with the plants that have twined round it when it needs
re-painting? Would it be better made in wood or aluminium for that
reason?
Here's a not-very-good pic of the Bougainvillea supports at the Getty
Museum. And in passing, while searching I found a comment from someone
who
said that the gardens and structures were great but the art wasn't all
that
good......the Getty collection - not all that great! I'm still trying to
get my head round who would say such a thing!
http://www.fallonandrosof.com/images...invillearf.jpg
--

See this is the reason I asked for advice, I had not even thought of that
and with it being steel it would definatly need repainting on occasions. I

Old 08-05-2007, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/5/07 19:32, in article , "Dwayne
& Angela" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
snip

[...]

Why not just galvanised and leave them alone?