Old 16-05-2007, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hello from a keen newbie in Oxford

On 15 May, 23:42, runner bean wrote:
What gives you Rupert the right to be so a rude about what I have on
my web site.

Neil please ignore him. And please do not justify yourself. There's
no need at all. We can all read.

I think your site is marvelous, and I will look into the CD - the
plant portfolio could be useful for me, I'm doing a dip. in garden
design with Chelsea KLC. (I'm a permie and got the RHS2 last year).
Thank you for the many hours you've given us through the Attenborough
'Private life of plants'. Stay tune to us - many urg posters are
lovely, it's just those with nothing to do and nothing to give find it
hard to beleive some of us are interesting and passionate! Bravo for
the ecological approach. It's indeed very reassuring.

Old 16-05-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 15, 11:42 pm, runner bean wrote:
? Were you on some little ego trip
wanting to rubbish my work in order to boost your own self importance?- Hide quoted text -

Actually Runnerbean, Rupert is a long time, very much respected poster
to urg, who speaks plainly and I know he did not mean to cause
offence. He didn't like your site obviously but that's not a problem
is it, we can't all like the same things and I expect Rupert just
offered constructive criticism. Don't take it personally as he
certainly would not have meant anything nasty and his further post
demonstrated that didn't it? I took a look and quite liked it except
I did have to wade a bit to find what I wanted.

You will find out in time whose advice to trust and whose to ignore,
it won't take long as there are only a couple of idiots/trolls who
post, usually trying to be helpful but beware of their advice, they
are known to be factually wrong and when called on it become abusive
and quote their "qualifications".

The best of luck with your site, I will keep on looking in to see what
I can learn as I am in the process of designing, in my head stage, a
new garden.

Kind regards, Judith

Old 16-05-2007, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16 May, 14:27, "
wrote:
I took a look and quite liked it except
I did have to wade a bit to find what I wanted.

Wich was what exactly?!