Old 21-05-2007, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Victoria Day

Today, in Canada, we are celebrating Queen Victoria's birthday (gawd knows
when that was) and on the prairies, it is the traditional day for planting
out and it's the "xmas season" for the garden centres.
However, Ma Nature has a sick sense of humour. There's a blizzard raging in
the higher parts of Calgary{:-((
Graham

Old 21-05-2007, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message Fji4i.204635$aG1.126799@pd7urf3no, graham
writes
Today, in Canada, we are celebrating Queen Victoria's birthday (gawd knows
when that was) and on the prairies, it is the traditional day for planting
out and it's the "xmas season" for the garden centres.
However, Ma Nature has a sick sense of humour. There's a blizzard raging in
the higher parts of Calgary{:-((
Graham

Your snow seems never-ending Graham. You should come over here for a
bit until it's all over
--
June Hughes
Old 21-05-2007, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

graham wrote:
: Today, in Canada, we are celebrating Queen Victoria's birthday (gawd
: knows when that was) and on the prairies, it is the traditional day
: for planting out and it's the "xmas season" for the garden centres.
: However, Ma Nature has a sick sense of humour. There's a blizzard
: raging in the higher parts of Calgary{:-((
: Graham

Happy birthday Vic, you wouldn't like to take the present encumbents off us
would you?! You'll need to explain the xmas season bit

Old 21-05-2007, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from June Hughes contains
these words:

In message Fji4i.204635$aG1.126799@pd7urf3no, graham
writes
Today, in Canada, we are celebrating Queen Victoria's birthday (gawd
knows
when that was) and on the prairies, it is the traditional day for
planting
out and it's the "xmas season" for the garden centres.
However, Ma Nature has a sick sense of humour. There's a blizzard
raging
in the higher parts of Calgary{:-((
Graham

Your snow seems never-ending Graham. You should come over here for
a bit until it's all over

Or for a while, even? ;-)

It's been a while since I've been propositioned by a ladyG
Graham