Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-05-2007, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Amusing & irritating gardening progs

Surely I cannot be the only one to be amused and irritated by the
gardening programmes. They are so impracticable to us normal beings.
Recently on gardeners world they were repairing a thyme and camomile
lawn by planting thyme into bare patches that had failed, the box of
plants they were using must have cost more than most of us spend in a
year on gardening. Then they talk of hardening off plants, has everyone
a greenhouse to grow them in, a cold frame to transfer them to then a
sheltered corner? I think not! How is your window box by the way? ;-)
As for Chelsea flower show those fancy structures and sculptures
probably cost more than my house. Anyway I'd much prefer a Rodin in my
garden, probably cheaper as well.

Off topic but amusing and irritating Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 7 05-01-2011 01:29 PM
amusing safety warnings Eric Gardening 2 05-07-2005 09:58 PM
amusing uselessness The Admiral Gardening 2 30-11-2004 02:17 AM
[IBC] OT - amusing and at least kinda relevant to the gallery. (DON'T REPLY TO LIST!) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 30-03-2004 05:34 PM
amusing veggies Don Engdahl Gardening 3 04-02-2003 01:23 AM