Old 11-06-2007, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden Fence Panels ??

Hi All,

My Mother (God bless her) knowing that I was interested in replacing some
old wood fence panels told me she saw an advert on a certain satellite
channel (she can't remember which one) garden panels designed to look like
wood panels but made of metal - even had trellis piece to go on top -
gauranteed for 10 years - virtually maintenance free - edged like wooden
ones ?

I have looked on titernet but can't find anything like this at all. Nearest
I found was plastic fence panels with plastic posts and plastic gravel
boards.

First question - does anyone knowof these metal garden fence panels and
Second question - has anyone used the plastic ones - though they are
advertised as strong and durable wouldn't they buckle after a few years in
sunshine etc.

Any help ??

Many thanks

Reds By The Sea.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"doobydoobydo" wrote in message
[...]

Yes I remember the adverts too but didnt take any notice sorry. A quick
search came up with this
http://buybuildingsupplies.com.au/fe...c-30_1081.html
site but they are in Australia. I dont know if they have places here or not
but it may give you a clue to track them down.
My blog:
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shiptodruid

Old 12-06-2007, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

found them
http://www.colourfence.co.uk/home.php

Old 12-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Angela View Post

Also here http://www.kookaburra-fencing.co.uk/
Old 13-06-2007, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi Dwayne & Angela

Thanks for that - looks like the one she saw was the Colourfence as she said
they one could have 'built in' trellis and order different colours ?

Having looked at site seems more expensiove than wooden fence panels but
need to weigh up benefits in that no maintence - longer then 6ft wide wooden
panels and I believe the company install as well.

Thanks again for your time and attention

Wishing you and family health, wealth and happiness.

Phil

Old 14-06-2007, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

This sounds similar to some panels that had been put up on the side of
a house next to a pavement.

They looked very good, and I started looking into it.

However as these were on a main road, it would seem that the local
yobs, started kicking them. As they make a sound when kicked.

They now are totally kicked in and bent and buckled to pieces, and
look a right mess.

They all need changing, only been up 4 years.

I must take a photo the next time I pass.