Old 29-06-2007, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default bringing inside tomato plant or not?

The mains never froze, only the pan and cistern and overground pipes
were
affected, if a small source of heat was left in the place it raised the
temperature enough to prevent freezing.

My dad used a small paraffin heater made for very small greenhouses.

That's a different application.

Different device, same application :-)

No, it's not to prevent freezing in a greenhouse but to maintain a
temperature several degrees higher than freezing.
Mary
--

Martin

Old 29-06-2007, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 29, 3:27 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
" wrote in message

ups.com...

I hope I didn't convey that, I certainly didn't mean to, I wasn't
talking about entertainment on t.v. I was referring to world news
hence my question about radios. We have a radio in the kitchen that
is permanently on Radio 4, great plays especially on a Sunday.

But that's entertainment.

I'd still like to know why I should need to know about World News.

Mary

Ummmmm, what wrong with entertainment Mary!!!!! All right, I give up,
you don't need world news, except - the Queen may have decided to
visit Mary to see her egglu and it was in all the papers and on the
t.v. now how would Mary know that she had to spruce up the banties
with alittle bow on their heads G) Will that do?

Judith

Old 29-06-2007, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jun 29, 3:27 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
" wrote in
message

ups.com...

I hope I didn't convey that, I certainly didn't mean to, I wasn't
talking about entertainment on t.v. I was referring to world news
hence my question about radios. We have a radio in the kitchen that
is permanently on Radio 4, great plays especially on a Sunday.

But that's entertainment.

I'd still like to know why I should need to know about World News.

Mary

Ummmmm, what wrong with entertainment Mary!!!!!

Nothing at all, but you wbrought up World News, not me :-)

All right, I give up,
you don't need world news, except - the Queen may have decided to
visit Mary to see her egglu and it was in all the papers and on the
t.v. now how would Mary know that she had to spruce up the banties
with alittle bow on their heads G) Will that do?

Nope. If the Queen DID come to visit our Eglu (single g) she'd have to take
us as she finds us as everyone else has to but there would be weeks if not
months of preparation on her side, it wouldn't be announced in advance on
the World News.

I'll stop worrying about the lack of World News then :-)

Mary
pondering on how a bow could be fitted to a bird's head ...