Old 28-06-2007, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default bringing inside tomato plant or not?

" writes
On Jun 27, 10:45 pm, "Mel" wrote:
I remember a film about green tomatoes. 'Fried green tomatoes at the whistle
stop cafe'? was it ?

Memory is failing me as I can't remember, all I know is that Jessica
Tandy was in it and she had an old black retainer, lovely chap who
took great care of her and there was something to do with fried green
tomatoes, I was on a flight to New Orleans at the time, the screen was
tiny, the earphones hurt so maybe you can understand why my memory of
it is not too good!!! However, as with everything, it will come back
to me - sometime.

Driving miss daisy
--
Kay
Old 28-06-2007, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 5:57 pm, Sacha wrote:
I think you're confusing Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café with
Driving Miss Daisy! ;-)

Yes that's the one!!!!

I think it's FGTATWSC that has that wonderful scene in it when two uppity
young woman beat an older one to a parking space and laugh openly at her,
saying something about "younger and faster". She loses it totally and rams
her car back and forth into theirs until she secures the parking space and
then says "Older, richer and more insurance" before walking away.

Now I remember, I was the older, richer and more insurance one!!

Judith

Old 28-06-2007, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 6:02 pm, K wrote:
" writesOn Jun 27, 10:45 pm, "Mel" wrote:
I remember a film about green tomatoes. 'Fried green tomatoes at the whistle
stop cafe'? was it ?

Memory is failing me as I can't remember, all I know is that Jessica
Tandy was in it and she had an old black retainer, lovely chap who
took great care of her and there was something to do with fried green
tomatoes, I was on a flight to New Orleans at the time, the screen was
tiny, the earphones hurt so maybe you can understand why my memory of
it is not too good!!! However, as with everything, it will come back
to me - sometime.

Driving miss daisy
--

That's the one Kay, they did have fried tomatoes in it, didn't they??

Judith

Old 28-06-2007, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 6:42 pm, Martin wrote:

Try usingwww.imdb.com
--

Goodness Martin, there are sites that I don't even know exist, now I
just have to find a film I like and try and play it, I suppose that's

Judith

Old 28-06-2007, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jun 28, 9:06 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
I've fried green tomatoes and they are very good. Last year I tried
making a
green tomato puree and it waas not good - to our taste anyway. Still have
no
idea about the film - we haven't a television and don't go to the cinema,
too busy with real life :-)

Do you have a radio or do you use your computer for World news?

Why do I want World News?

Mary

Old 28-06-2007, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 6:55 pm, Martin wrote:

This onehttp://imdb.com/title/tt0101921/

Was Jessica Tandy in that one too?

Judith

Old 28-06-2007, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 7:58 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

Why do I want World News?

Um.....

Judith

Old 28-06-2007, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 28, 7:58 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

Why do I want World News?

Um.....

Judith

Yes?

drumming fingers ...

:-)

Mary

Old 28-06-2007, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 9:20 pm, Martin wrote:

Was Jessica Tandy in that one too?

Look at the site you can see, who was in it.
--

Thank you, thank you, I should have scrolled down, so Jessica was in
it, my memory is not as bad as I thought!!!!

Judith

Old 28-06-2007, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 9:21 pm, Martin wrote:

You selling the News of the World, Judith?
--

Martin, Angel, I would not have that rag in my house!!!!! World news
is something different!!!!!

Judith

Old 28-06-2007, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 9:21 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 28, 7:58 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

Why do I want World News?

Um.....

Judith

Yes?

drumming fingers ...

:-)

Emm........ were you a teacher?

Judith

Old 28-06-2007, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 28, 9:21 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
" wrote in
message

ups.com...

On Jun 28, 7:58 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

Why do I want World News?

Um.....

Judith

Yes?

drumming fingers ...

:-)

Emm........ were you a teacher?

LOL! No - just a mother. and grandmother.

Mary

Old 28-06-2007, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 28, 9:21 pm, Martin wrote:

You selling the News of the World, Judith?
--

Martin, Angel, I would not have that rag in my house!!!!! World news
is something different!!!!!

How do you know the difference?

Mary
off to eat chocolates now but shall be back tomorrow.

Old 28-06-2007, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 28, 9:40 pm, Martin wrote:

or a drummer?
--

There was a woman drummer was it in Wings? I'll bet her name was
Mary.

Judith