Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT query

Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-07-2007, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

Yes it does happen.Your ISP has got it's servers out of sync. You are
innocent and it's not your fault.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/7/07 11:20, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Yes it does happen.Your ISP has got it's servers out of sync. You are
innocent and it's not your fault.

Wow! Something that's not my fault - how lovely! ;-))

Old 02-07-2007, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 11:20, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Yes it does happen.Your ISP has got it's servers out of sync. You are
innocent and it's not your fault.

Wow! Something that's not my fault - how lovely! ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

It can also happen when ISP's are slow passing on or receiving messages from
elsewhere.
I've responded to people's posts, seemingly the first to do so, and then a
few hours later other replies appear that have a time stamp earlier than
mine! It must make people wonder sometimes why they seemingly get replies
repeating what someone else has "already" said.

David.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 11:20, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Yes it does happen.Your ISP has got it's servers out of sync. You are
innocent and it's not your fault.

Wow! Something that's not my fault - how lovely! ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

It can also happen when ISP's are slow passing on or receiving messages
from elsewhere.
I've responded to people's posts, seemingly the first to do so, and then a
few hours later other replies appear that have a time stamp earlier than
mine! It must make people wonder sometimes why they seemingly get replies
repeating what someone else has "already" said.

David.

and on the same tack, am I correct in assuming that some servers 'stack up'
posts and download them all together? I find quite often that there is no
action/life/movement on either emails or newsgroup postings, then all of a
sudden, it's like busses, none for ages then 3 (and a lot more) altogether!!

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/7/07 11:37, in article , "David
(Normandy)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 11:20, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Yes it does happen.Your ISP has got it's servers out of sync. You are
innocent and it's not your fault.

Wow! Something that's not my fault - how lovely! ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

It can also happen when ISP's are slow passing on or receiving messages from
elsewhere.
I've responded to people's posts, seemingly the first to do so, and then a
few hours later other replies appear that have a time stamp earlier than
mine! It must make people wonder sometimes why they seemingly get replies
repeating what someone else has "already" said.

David.

Yes, I'm fairly used to seeing multiple replies of the same nature but this
morning's experience was a touch Alice in Wonderland.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 11:37, in article ,
"David
(Normandy)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 11:20, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Also it can depend on your news server, and which other news servers they
"talk to". Or something like that.

For instance, I'm seeing posts just below this thread headed Re- newby
tomato question, and Re - Echinacea, but I'm not seeing the OP to either of
those. The OPs are quoted though, and both are on zetnet which I assume is
relevant, but don't ask me to explain it.

Steve

Old 02-07-2007, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/7/07 12:31, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

Yes, I'm fairly used to seeing multiple replies of the same nature but
this
morning's experience was a touch Alice in Wonderland.
--

Also it can depend on your news server, and which other news servers they
"talk to". Or something like that.

For instance, I'm seeing posts just below this thread headed Re- newby
tomato question, and Re - Echinacea, but I'm not seeing the OP to either of
those. The OPs are quoted though, and both are on zetnet which I assume is
relevant, but don't ask me to explain it.

Steve

There's been some remark on ukfd about Zetnet being set up in such a way as
to exclude posts from certain ISPs. Not being a Zetnetter, I don't know if
this *is* anything to do with it but it might be. There has been a lot of
spamming on that group so presumably Zetnet have decided to do something
about it.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message
I've responded to people's posts, seemingly the first to do so, and then a
few hours later other replies appear that have a time stamp earlier than
mine! It must make people wonder sometimes why they seemingly get replies
repeating what someone else has "already" said.

It can happen with people like me who are still on dial up, I tend to mark
and download newsgroups and go off line to read and maybe reply. The reply
is date stamped when I send it to my outbox and not when I actually post it
which may be some hours later when I next go online.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Too much brandy!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/7/07 17:01, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Too much brandy!

Even I don't do brandy for breakfast. ;-)

Old 02-07-2007, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 17:01, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Too much brandy!

Even I don't do brandy for breakfast. ;-)

How odd!(:-)

Old 02-07-2007, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2/7/07 18:53, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 17:01, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know why?

Too much brandy!

Even I don't do brandy for breakfast. ;-)

How odd!(:-)

Someone has to be, Alan. ;-)

Old 03-07-2007, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 17:01, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm

seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know

why?

Too much brandy!

Even I don't do brandy for breakfast. ;-)

How odd!(:-)

Not at all, brandy is for the evening, it's Martinis for breakfast)
--
Rhiannon_s
Due to it's large carbon footprint the light at the end of the tunnel has

Old 03-07-2007, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/7/07 09:51, in article
, "Rhiannon S"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 2/7/07 17:01, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Starting this morning I'm seeing messages out of sync. IOW, I'm

seeing
answers to posts before I see what they're answering! Anyone know

why?

Too much brandy!

Even I don't do brandy for breakfast. ;-)

How odd!(:-)

Not at all, brandy is for the evening, it's Martinis for breakfast)

Wasn't it Larry Hagman who put vodka on his cornflakes?!

another phal query rick Orchids 1 23-03-2003 04:08 AM
B & D lubrication query Flynn United Kingdom 0 22-03-2003 05:44 PM
Phytatray query rick Orchids 0 25-01-2003 05:34 PM
Query Anne Middleton/Harold Walker United Kingdom 0 05-11-2002 10:09 AM
Leek query? Mary Fisher United Kingdom 0 19-10-2002 05:29 PM