Old 29-07-2007, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default APOLOGIES!!! Radio4, Gardeners ? Time

"K" wrote in message
Mary Fisher writes

"K" wrote in message
Mary Fisher writes

"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote in message news:AvqdnanBJs--

Careful with you attributions, Mary! It wasn't Robert who wrote that
lot.
--

I made no attributions, I know who wrote it. I just don't see original
posts

Your email program added the attribution "Robert ...... wrote". It was a
bit unfair on Robert not to delete that bit ;-)

I apologise to Robert if I caused him any offence. He hasn't complained
though :-)

I never think about analysing attributes, some posters manage not to have
any, certainly I'm unaware of what's added to my posts, they're nothing to
do with me. The body of the post is what's importnat, in my opinion.

Mary

Old 29-07-2007, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Radio4, Gardeners ? Time

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:47:35 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

You missed my apology at 15.15 and correction!

I've been to both and was confused.

Mary

Sorry Mary, I missed some of that thread!

Sorlright - just make the most of it :-)

Mary

Old 29-07-2007, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:50:35 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

True, but Sparsholt is in Gloucestershire.

Sparsholt is iin Hampshire, near Wincester, I think. Certainly not
Glos

Pam in Bristol

You missed my apology at 15.15 and correction!

I've been to both and was confused.

Not half as confused as I am!(:-(

I cleared some stuff on my bedside table the other day (that doesn't happen
often either) and found a home made envelope with the words 'cowslip seeds'
on it. No name, but an address inside made me wonder ...

:-)

Mary

Old 29-07-2007, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/7/07 09:21, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"K" wrote in message
Mary Fisher writes

"K" wrote in message
[...]

Attributions are fairly important, however. The wrong ones put words into
someone's mouth that they didn't say. And if it's a pov they disagree with
strongly, it can be attached to them for ever.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 29-07-2007, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Anne Jackson
wrote:

The message from Stan The Man contains these words:

wrote:

The message from Stan The Man contains these words:

Some parts of GQT are topical. I have been involved with GQT
recordings
which were broadcast three days later. As for the weather, let's not
forget that a) there have been one or two nice days in the
south/midlands in the last couple of weeks; and b) the torrential rain
hasn't fallen across the whole country: I have friends in
Scotland, the
North-East and the South-East coast who claim to have had relatively
little rainfall.

Well, Perth is half-way between the North-East and the South-East,
and we've certainly had plenty of rain here! Every bloody day...!

I meant the North-East and South-East of England.

Well, that wasn't what you said...!

Depends on your perspective I suppose. I would imagine that most people
in England would take it to mean the NE and SE of England. Residents of
Scotland might interpret it differently it seems but I have now cleared
that up with your valued help. Grammatically, had I meant the NE and SE
of Scotland I would have inserted a comma after 'coast' or a dash after
'Scotland' and again after 'coast' (or better still, parentheses).

An 'and' between 'Scotland' and 'the North-East' would've sufficed!

That would have introduced further confusion.

You should've inserted a comma after 'coast, anyhow!

Yes, I could have done so but it would have been a mistake.