Old 26-07-2007, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Radio4, Gardeners ? Time

Listening to it yesterday afternoon made me wonder when it is recorded.
One of the topical tips was if your runner beans are straggly (mine are)
then water them well! Is there anywhere in the UK that do not have well
watered runner beans?
Old 26-07-2007, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote:
:: Listening to it yesterday afternoon made me wonder when it is
:: recorded. One of the topical tips was if your runner beans are
:: straggly (mine are) then water them well! Is there anywhere in the
:: UK that do not have well watered runner beans?

Not really but a couple of tenants on our field were watering last week....
we had a few decent days but I didn't think it merited a watering
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Old 26-07-2007, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote in message
Broadback wrote:
:: Listening to it yesterday afternoon made me wonder when it is
:: recorded. One of the topical tips was if your runner beans are
:: straggly (mine are) then water them well! Is there anywhere in the
:: UK that do not have well watered runner beans?

Not really but a couple of tenants on our field were watering last
week.... we had a few decent days but I didn't think it merited a watering
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

I listened to the whole programme in amazement because of its lack of
topicality. They were even basking in sunshine at Sparsholt!

Mary

Old 26-07-2007, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote:
:: Listening to it yesterday afternoon made me wonder when it is
:: recorded. One of the topical tips was if your runner beans are
:: straggly (mine are) then water them well! Is there anywhere in the
:: UK that do not have well watered runner beans?

Not really but a couple of tenants on our field were watering last
week.... we had a few decent days but I didn't think it merited a watering
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

I listened to the whole programme in amazement because of its lack of
topicality. They were even basking in sunshine at Sparsholt!

Mary

In my opinion (no one takes any notice mind) the BBC has lost its way. A
large number of its programmes are made by private companies, big
mistake. Whether it is un-topicality of Gardeners Question time or
spinning the Queen!
Old 26-07-2007, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote:
:: Listening to it yesterday afternoon made me wonder when it is
:: recorded. One of the topical tips was if your runner beans are
:: straggly (mine are) then water them well! Is there anywhere in the
:: UK that do not have well watered runner beans?

Not really but a couple of tenants on our field were watering last
week.... we had a few decent days but I didn't think it merited a watering
www.rraa.moonfruit.com

I listened to the whole programme in amazement because of its lack of
topicality. They were even basking in sunshine at Sparsholt!

In my opinion (no one takes any notice mind) the BBC has lost its way. A
large number of its programmes are made by private companies, big
mistake. Whether it is un-topicality of Gardeners Question time or
spinning the Queen!

Some parts of GQT are topical. I have been involved with GQT recordings
which were broadcast three days later. As for the weather, let's not
forget that a) there have been one or two nice days in the
south/midlands in the last couple of weeks; and b) the torrential rain
hasn't fallen across the whole country: I have friends in Scotland, the
North-East and the South-East coast who claim to have had relatively
little rainfall.

Old 26-07-2007, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26 Jul, 15:39, Stan The Man wrote:
In article , Broadback
In my opinion (no one takes any notice mind) the BBC has lost its way. A
large number of its programmes are made by private companies, big
mistake. Whether it is un-topicality of Gardeners Question time or
spinning the Queen!

Some parts of GQT are topical. I have been involved with GQT recordings
which were broadcast three days later. As for the weather, let's not
forget that a) there have been one or two nice days in the
south/midlands in the last couple of weeks; and b) the torrential rain
hasn't fallen across the whole country: I have friends in Scotland, the
North-East and the South-East coast who claim to have had relatively
little rainfall.

Or could it be a strategic government secret plan to make sure there's
no mass
exodus of English people sick of the weather buying properties in the
South of France
and Africa in a relatively short time?! Can you trust those friends in
the North East
and South East?! Can you?! g

Old 26-07-2007, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article , Broadback
wrote:

Some parts of GQT are topical. I have been involved with GQT recordings
which were broadcast three days later. As for the weather, let's not
forget that a) there have been one or two nice days in the
south/midlands in the last couple of weeks; and b) the torrential rain
hasn't fallen across the whole country: I have friends in Scotland, the
North-East and the South-East coast who claim to have had relatively
little rainfall.

True, but Sparsholt is in Gloucestershire.

Gloucestershire has been a trifle damp of late.

Mary

Old 26-07-2007, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default APOLOGIES!!! Radio4, Gardeners ? Time

. net...

wrote:

Some parts of GQT are topical. I have been involved with GQT recordings
which were broadcast three days later. As for the weather, let's not
forget that a) there have been one or two nice days in the
south/midlands in the last couple of weeks; and b) the torrential rain
hasn't fallen across the whole country: I have friends in Scotland, the
North-East and the South-East coast who claim to have had relatively
little rainfall.

True, but Sparsholt is in Gloucestershire.

Gloucestershire has been a trifle damp of late.

Mary

I was thinking of Hartpury :-(((

Mary

Old 26-07-2007, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Some parts of GQT are topical. I have been involved with GQT recordings
which were broadcast three days later. As for the weather, let's not
forget that a) there have been one or two nice days in the
south/midlands in the last couple of weeks; and b) the torrential rain
hasn't fallen across the whole country: I have friends in Scotland, the
North-East and the South-East coast who claim to have had relatively
little rainfall.

True, but Sparsholt is in Gloucestershire.

Gloucestershire has been a trifle damp of late.

Mary

I was thinking of Hartpury :-(((

Mary

We had a few nice sunny days on the trot last week in spite of severe
weather warnings and the rain elsewhere on Friday. Made up for it since the
weekend though

Old 26-07-2007, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Some parts of GQT are topical. I have been involved with GQT recordings
which were broadcast three days later. As for the weather, let's not
forget that a) there have been one or two nice days in the
south/midlands in the last couple of weeks; and b) the torrential rain
hasn't fallen across the whole country: I have friends in Scotland, the
North-East and the South-East coast who claim to have had relatively
little rainfall.

True, but Sparsholt is in Gloucestershire.

Gloucestershire has been a trifle damp of late.

Mary

I was thinking of Hartpury :-(((

Mary

We had a few nice sunny days on the trot last week in spite of severe
weather warnings and the rain elsewhere on Friday. Made up for it since
the weekend though

I wish we'd have nice and sunny days on the trot. Haven't had any since
April.

My sympathies lie with the farmers :-(

Mary

Old 26-07-2007, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Poor, poor, poor, poor farmers !!!!

Again

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 27-07-2007, 02:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:17:09 +0100, Anne Jackson wrote:
They won't be too worried about all the poor sods (myself included)
who suffer horrendous hay-fever as a result...

This is my best year for a long time for no hayfever,
if this wet is a result of global whatsit, then bring it on !

But a few days of sunshine from time to time would be nice !

Old 27-07-2007, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

My sympathies lie with the farmers :-(

Poor, poor, poor, poor farmers !!!!

Again

Oh, they'll soon make a financial recovery if, as has been suggested,
they treble the acreage of rape, from which to produce biofuel.

They won't be too worried about all the poor sods (myself included)
who suffer horrendous hay-fever as a result...

So, why should I feel sorry for them now...?

--
AnneJ

My point!!

Do you know a 'poor' farmer?

They will just have to keep their Land Rover for two years instead of
changing it each year :-((

And possibly cut down on their cruising a bit :-((

(We had farmers on our table on the World Cruise. 'Frequent cruisers' they
were)

I have no sympathy for the farmers at all. They have cried Wolf too long. If
farming was as bad as the say, they would get out. "If you don't like the
heat of the Kitchen .................."

Old 27-07-2007, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Anne Jackson
wrote:

The message from Stan The Man contains these words:

Some parts of GQT are topical. I have been involved with GQT recordings
which were broadcast three days later. As for the weather, let's not
forget that a) there have been one or two nice days in the
south/midlands in the last couple of weeks; and b) the torrential rain
hasn't fallen across the whole country: I have friends in Scotland, the
North-East and the South-East coast who claim to have had relatively
little rainfall.

Well, Perth is half-way between the North-East and the South-East,
and we've certainly had plenty of rain here! Every bloody day...!

I meant the North-East and South-East of England.
Old 27-07-2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

[...]

"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will have a
Stand