Old 27-07-2007, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Default "Red Wine headache"

On 27/7/07 15:34, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.
You have to sober up before you can get a hangover :-))

Ha. I am undone :-)

I speak from some experience so in a way I am also.

HOW many pints of Guinness....? ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 27-07-2007, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On 27/7/07 16:03, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.
You have to sober up before you can get a hangover :-))

Ha. I am undone :-)
I speak from some experience so in a way I am also.

HOW many pints of Guinness....? ;-)

More than there were oysters on my plate last night anyway.

Isn't the minimum half a dozen? ;-) Or are you telling us you had mussels!

Old 27-07-2007, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Isn't the minimum half a dozen? ;-) Or are you telling us you had
mussels!
--
Sacha

Ah! Mussel Soup!! Came as a bit of a shock when I had it in Sicily :-))

"Nearly" chose it when I was in Coventry last weekend on a business meeting
with a young lady ;-))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 27-07-2007, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 27/7/07 16:03, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine.
The
hangover is dreadful too I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.
You have to sober up before you can get a hangover :-))

Ha. I am undone :-)
I speak from some experience so in a way I am also.

HOW many pints of Guinness....? ;-)

More than there were oysters on my plate last night anyway.

Isn't the minimum half a dozen? ;-) Or are you telling us you had
mussels!

Half a dozen indeed is the serving and they certainly weren't mussels, they
usually come in a serving of about 36 nd even I can't drink quite that much
guinness at one sitting.... these days anyway/

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.
Festina lente

Old 27-07-2007, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On 27/7/07 17:49, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 27/7/07 16:03, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
[...]

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

Old 27-07-2007, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Following up to Sacha wrote:

the Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill,

it worked well by the way! Thanks.
--
Mike
(remove clothing to email)
Old 27-07-2007, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On 27/7/07 18:09, in article ,
"The Reid" wrote:

Following up to Sacha wrote:

the Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill,

it worked well by the way! Thanks.

Oh good. It's wonderful stuff.

Old 27-07-2007, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Following up to Sacha wrote:

it worked well by the way! Thanks.

Oh good. It's wonderful stuff.

regular in the medicine cabinet from now on.
--
Mike
(remove clothing to email)
Old 27-07-2007, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On 27/7/07 18:15, in article ,
"The Reid" wrote:

Following up to Sacha wrote:

it worked well by the way! Thanks.

Oh good. It's wonderful stuff.

regular in the medicine cabinet from now on.

And on your hols - rescues people from mild heat stroke.

Old 27-07-2007, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On Jul 27, 5:58 pm, Sacha wrote:

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

They do, you just ask for ibruprofen.

Judith

Old 27-07-2007, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 27, 5:58 pm, Sacha wrote:

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

They do, you just ask for ibruprofen.

Judith

BEWARE IBUPROFEN !!!!

I have been on that for a number of years for Arthritis. Now discovered
Kidney problems and Doctor investigating :-((( Have to visit him again next
week.

SO, if you eat Ibuprofen like Smarties, watch out :-((

(I was on 600mg prescription only)

Thank God for the National Health Service

Old 27-07-2007, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 27/7/07 17:49, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:
Half a dozen indeed is the serving and they certainly weren't mussels,
they
usually come in a serving of about 36 nd even I can't drink quite that
much
guinness at one sitting.... these days anyway/

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

I never get hangovers thankfully, even when I sober up; Age has taught me
what my limits are.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.
Festina lente

Old 27-07-2007, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 27, 5:58 pm, Sacha wrote:

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

They do, you just ask for ibruprofen.

I never use pain killers or patent medicines but even if I did am forbidden
ibuprofen because of my sailing activities.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.
Festina lente

Old 27-07-2007, 06:52 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Anne Chambers wrote:

Interesting - and something I hadn't thought of. I can (and do) drink
black tea till the cows come home - I wonder if it's the combination of
tannin & sulphites in red wine that causes the migraines ?

Only one thing left to do to find out: ditch the tea and drink red wine,
forgetting about the cows (unless you're plotting bourguignon, which is
never a bad idea) - if you drink enough you'll forget anyway. Or stop
caring.

Greg

--
Ah, Lydia!
She was the most glorious creature under the sun.

No ficus = no spam

Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:39 PM
red, red, red rose [email protected] Gardening 4 26-04-2005 03:16 PM
Red currant wine...yum rdoiron Edible Gardening 1 10-10-2003 05:42 PM
headache lawn quaspro Lawns 5 11-07-2003 04:18 PM
Wine Grape Bonsai Serial Killer Daze Bonsai 0 26-01-2003 04:35 AM