Old 17-08-2007, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default buying bulbs

Just wondered ,as it is getting to the time of year when i should be
thinking about buying bulbs, if anyone knows where i can mail order
crocus bulbs from .I'm looking to purchase by the 1000 so i can
completely smother the large areas of grass round our house .We did
a large border down one side of the house last year and it was
spectacular with crocus ,daffs , and tulips.
I've found this site but i am a tad wary about buying from
someone i have never dealt with before /
www.greengardenflowerbulbs.nl/ i would be interested if anyone
could help

Old 17-08-2007, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I use these http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/

Old 17-08-2007, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/8/07 20:27, in article
, "paddyenglishman"
wrote:

Just wondered ,as it is getting to the time of year when i should be
thinking about buying bulbs, if anyone knows where i can mail order
crocus bulbs from .I'm looking to purchase by the 1000 so i can
completely smother the large areas of grass round our house .We did
a large border down one side of the house last year and it was
spectacular with crocus ,daffs , and tulips.
I've found this site but i am a tad wary about buying from
someone i have never dealt with before /
www.greengardenflowerbulbs.nl/ i would be interested if anyone
could help

Email van Tubergen and see what they can do for you. In those quantities
you should be able to buy wholesale.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-08-2007, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Aug, 21:43, Sacha wrote:
On 17/8/07 20:27, in article
om, "paddyenglishman"

wrote:
Just wondered ,as it is getting to the time of year when i should be
thinking about buying bulbs, if anyone knows where i can mail order
crocus bulbs from .I'm looking to purchase by the 1000 so i can
completely smother the large areas of grass round our house .We did
a large border down one side of the house last year and it was
spectacular with crocus ,daffs , and tulips.
I've found this site but i am a tad wary about buying from
someone i have never dealt with before /
www.greengardenflowerbulbs.nl/ i would be interested if anyone
could help

Email van Tubergen and see what they can do for you. In those quantities
you should be able to buy wholesale.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

i must be being dim or inept but i can't find Van tubergen , i get
Bressingham nurseries and i fail to find spring bulbs at all . i
think i had this bother last year as well .

Old 18-08-2007, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

i must be being dim or inept but i can't find Van tubergen , i get
Bressingham nurseries and i fail to find spring bulbs at all . i
think i had this bother last year as well .

The web site is largely in dutch - there may be an english language
version somewhere.
--
Kay

Old 18-08-2007, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/8/07 11:19, in article
, "paddyenglishman"
wrote:

On 17 Aug, 21:43, Sacha wrote:
On 17/8/07 20:27, in article
om, "paddyenglishman"

wrote:
[...]

No, you're not being dim. Bressingham is the British outlet for van
Tubergen and they do a wholesale list, too. They certainly don't seem to
make that info easy to find on the Bressingham web site, I quite agree. It
might be worth you contacting them, asking for the wholesale catalogue of
the Van Tubergen range. It's called The Bressingham Gardens with Van
Tubergen UK Wholesale Bulb & Perennial List. In the Autumn 2006 catalogue
the minimum order value is £150 and they sell bulbs in price ranges from 1
bulb to 1,000 and of course, multiples of 1,000.
Tel. 01379 688282

Old 18-08-2007, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/8/07 12:20, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:15:21 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 18/8/07 11:19, in article
, "paddyenglishman"
wrote:

On 17 Aug, 21:43, Sacha wrote:
On 17/8/07 20:27, in article
om, "paddyenglishman"

wrote:
[...]

It might be cheaper to take an Easyjet or Jet2 flight to Schiphol and buy
direct
in Zuid Holland.

Well, it's a nice excuse for a trip but our experience with the British end
is very good and easy, too. We send off the order and it arrives neatly
packaged and ready for the trowel! ;-) Why add an airfare to the price?!
How does the Euro stand against the £ just now?

Old 18-08-2007, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Aug, 20:27, paddyenglishman wrote:
Just wondered ,as it is getting to the time of year when i should be
thinking about buying bulbs,

Hullo. Through my mail this morning I got a new catalogue and it's
quite exciting. It's from Ecobulbs, part of the Organic Catalogue Co.
The bulbs are all dutch and certified (EKO) by Skal. The varieties are
wonderful, and all are grown in Wieringermeer. It's interesting
because they don't use harmful substances and methods if conditions in
nature are respected. In other words they grow their bulbs in a 7 year
rotation with other arable crops like weat, potatoes, veggies and
fodder crops - even if weeds are a major problem they hand weed. Great
news that ;o)

www.ecobulbs.com, distributed from Hersham in Surrey tel. 01932
253666, email

Old 18-08-2007, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 18, 12:20 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:15:21 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 18/8/07 11:19, in article
. com, "paddyenglishman"
wrote:

On 17 Aug, 21:43, Sacha wrote:
On 17/8/07 20:27, in article
om, "paddyenglishman"

wrote:
[...]

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I have bought in Holland Martin, my friends live in Rottedam and some
in Amsterdam. They took me to the Guggenhoff (spelling, sorry) where
I bought a lot of bulbs that I saw there, I didn't think that they
were cheaper than in the UK. It may be that you know of some places
where they are, if so, spill the beans.

Judith

Old 18-08-2007, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/8/07 17:14, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

snip
Keukenhof?

Most are cheaper than Van Tubergen and then there is the p&p.

What? With an air fare on top? Postage is around £5.

Old 18-08-2007, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Aug, 17:51, Sacha wrote:
On 18/8/07 17:14, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:

snip

Keukenhof?

Most are cheaper than Van Tubergen and then there is the p&p.

What? With an air fare on top? Postage is around £5.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

lol, i'm going to get stiffed for postage as i live in Ireland
maybe a trip to keurkenhof isnt such a bad idea , i ve not been there
the very early 70s . i seem to remeber Dad taking me by accident
through some odd canal streets in Amsterdam where the dummies in the
windows moved , i was only 6 i was probably imagining it . Must go
back and check sometime . i digress the original site i posted has
prices that are going to be hard to beat , but the variety isnt great

Old 18-08-2007, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Aug, 17:15, Martin wrote:

Are you eating them or what? )

) Campanulaceaes are rich in vitamin C so do many canas and lillies.

Old 18-08-2007, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

paddyenglishman wrote:
I've found this site but i am a tad wary about buying from
someone i have never dealt with before /
www.greengardenflowerbulbs.nl/ i would be interested if anyone
could help

I bought crocus bulbs from them last autumn. The bulbs were excellent
quality and delivered fast. The folks there were very helpful and
answered all my questions over email.

Here are some pictures of those crocuses flowering this spring:
http://www.inetcat.net/crocuses/

Alla.

Old 18-08-2007, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Aug, 20:30, Alla Bezroutchko wrote:
Here are some pictures of those crocuses flowering this spring:http://www.inetcat.net/crocuses/

Thank you Alla! This is so beautiful. But what is my cat doing in your
garden ;o)

Buying bulbs Mitulove United Kingdom 3 03-09-2012 11:31 AM
Buying daffodil bulbs online customer Gardening 0 08-01-2005 04:32 PM
buying Apongeton bulbs? linda mar Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 18-04-2003 11:32 AM