Old 21-10-2007, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raspberry variety "Tulameen"

I have planted some raspberry canes with this variety name. It is
described as "a new introduction". The name seems to me to be Finnish.
Or does anybody know better?

Michael Bell

Old 21-10-2007, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Michael
Bell writes
I have planted some raspberry canes with this variety name. It is
described as "a new introduction". The name seems to me to be Finnish.
Or does anybody know better?

Michael Bell

Google is your friend. It is Canadian (British Columbian) variety name
after a town in British Columbia.

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/po..._idaeus_tu.php
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 21-10-2007, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Michael Bell" wrote in message
. uk...
I have planted some raspberry canes with this variety name. It is
described as "a new introduction". The name seems to me to be Finnish.
Or does anybody know better?

Michael Bell

--

No idea but it is very good

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments
Best Allotment Site in Plymouth

Old 23-10-2007, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Gill
Matthews writes

I don't grow Malling Leo and I don't buy raspberries. even the best boughten
ones seem short on both taste and smell. I love the smell of fresh
raspberries:-). I compares favourably with Malling Admiral in fact Joan J is
probably the only one I grow that comes near it for taste and smell.

Gill

Your discussion has convince me to have another try with raspberries.
Just ordered Joan J and Tulaneem.
Reading newsgroups costs money

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 24-10-2007, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23 Oct, 21:25, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Your discussion has convince me to have another try with raspberries.
Just ordered Joan J and Tulaneem.
Reading newsgroups costs money

)

If I could recommend Rubus idaeus Fallgold - it - is - gor- geous !!
They taste like they did when I was a kid. I've just about manage two
punnets this year (planted them last year) and the birds have had a
feast as well. Next year, I'll double that Im sure, with some
protection this time.

Old 24-10-2007, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24 Oct, 17:04, (Jim Jackson) wrote:
I grow fallgold (a yellow raspberry) and autumn bliss. I'm surprized you
rave at it's taste, but taste is always a personal thing. While it is
good, I can think of lots of other rasperries that have superior taste,
even Autumn Bliss :-). It has lots of excellant other qualities, disease
resistance, long fruiting period (aug-nov or later!), abundant cropping,
and in my case they don't seem to attract the birds! The red ones do.

) I have several autumn bliss too. I find the fallgold though so
much more interesting in a bowl. Brings a bit of different colours.
The thing is that I'm eating them in situ ... and hardly get to my
bowl at all. Bon appetit !

http://cjoint.com/?kytOB0wRkr