Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-10-2007, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leaf wars

The annual leaf war has commenced with a vengeance this weekend. A bit of
rain combined with quite high winds over the last couple of days has seen
leaves building up in drifts all around the back of the house and blowing
into the kitchen. I try to clear them before they turn to mush but the big
leaves of the Tulip tree seem almost indestructible. On a positive note the
Billy Goat is completely on top of the job and chops them up well, with the
wet leaf bag 100% functional again thanks to the new zip slider I mentioned
a few weeks back.
I love it when a cheap fix really works well.
My second big compost bin will soon be full at this rate, just as well I
finished emptying the one I built three years ago, the slightly improved
version will be needed again after a couple more weeks like this one. I have
re used the mesh side panels from the old one but have replaced the front
with some of the old shed floor boards, sprayed with a bit of fence
treatment it looks quite smart. I look forward to having masses of
leafmould/compost again next year to condition the poor soil we have here.

Mike

Leaf wars Muddymike United Kingdom 12 18-11-2008 05:15 PM
Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
A 'miracle' in the forest: Deal to save old trees shows there's room for compromise in timber wars Aozotorp alt.forestry 0 01-08-2003 07:42 PM
Newbie: Bindweed Wars Dr. HackenSack United Kingdom 10 17-06-2003 07:56 AM
Stars Wars logging machine? Larry Harrell alt.forestry 9 19-12-2002 10:54 PM