Old 13-12-2007, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden lighting

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:52:25 +0000, Martin wrote
(in article ):

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:40:32 +0000, Sally Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:30:23 +0000, Martin wrote
(in article ):

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:34:59 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

On 13/12/07 15:15, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
This is a very long shot indeed but does anyone happen to know of a
Turkish
company that makes large egg shaped lights for the garden. The ones I'm
thinking of must stand about 4' high and have star shaped holes in them
and
are made of terracotta.
http://i11.tinypic.com/8eaxapz.jpg

Just saw similar at a local independent GC called Adrian Hall in Hanworth
(Feltham).
Label says www.pottsar.co.uk but that site is not fully up and running.
Address and e-mail address is available though and I've mailed you
privately.

Called "Star Bomb", about 3ft tall and retailing at £29.99.

Thanks, Bob. No email from you, though. Too much spam clogging up the
works, I think! How it is that ISPs claim to run spam filters I do not
know.

Orange/wanadoo's spam filter work very well.

I cleared over 1000 pieces out of my mailbox the other day. Time to
change the email addy, I think.

or use a mail tool like Thunderbird or Agent that you can very quickly
train
recognise spam.

Or SpamSieve for a Mac :-)

Sacha has got a new shiny Windows PC.

I don't think so ...
Don't be misled by her use of Microsoft-Entourage.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Old 14-12-2007, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/12/07 22:30, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:34:59 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 13/12/07 15:15, in article
, "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

[...]

With a Mac?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-12-2007, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/12/07 22:40, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:30:23 +0000, Martin wrote
(in article ):

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:34:59 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 13/12/07 15:15, in article
, "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

[...]

Also, get the email address on your web site masked if it isn't already.

Thanks, Sally. I'll check that but I think it is.

Old 14-12-2007, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/12/07 23:12, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:52:25 +0000, Martin wrote
(in article ):

snip

Sacha has got a new shiny Windows PC.

I don't think so ...
Don't be misled by her use of Microsoft-Entourage.

She's right, you know......... ;-)) I have a shiny new i-Mac running OS X
Leopard. As I've had it a very short time it's a bit like being a learner
driver with a Ferrari!

Old 14-12-2007, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/12/07 10:00, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:29:57 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

snip

or use a mail tool like Thunderbird or Agent that you can very quickly train
recognise spam.

With a Mac?

I thought you had seen the light :-)

I have, hence another Mac. ;-))

Old 14-12-2007, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/12/07 17:12, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:02:50 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 14/12/07 15:53, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:48:44 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 14/12/07 14:59, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:28:19 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

On 14/12/07 12:20, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:13:15 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

On 14/12/07 10:00, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:29:57 +0000, Sacha

wrote:
snip

or use a mail tool like Thunderbird or Agent that you can very
quickly
train
recognise spam.

With a Mac?

I thought you had seen the light :-)

I have, hence another Mac. ;-))

Yeah and despite that I've told you the download site of the OS X
version
of
Thunderbird. )

I'll check that out

I'll be checking your headings and expecting to see Thunderbird.

I believe it's possible to install MS Windows on your new PC.

Could be but I'm not fiddling with this shiny new toy unless the Guru
says
can! ;-)

OK. You can.

You wish! ;-)

I've yet to see anybody with a Win PC coveting the software from a Mac. :-P

I've yet to see a Mac devotee coveting *anything* from a PC. ;-)

You need to know where to look )

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

"On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:43:06 -0600, HowdyDoody
wrote:

Will there ever be an Agent that can run on a Mac system ?

The more people put it in the feature request bin at the Forte web
site, the more likely it becomes.
http://www.forteinc.com/contact/suggest.php

In the interrim, I run Agent either in WINE (using Crossover Office 6
because I'm lazy) or in Windows under a Parallels virtual machine.

Cheers - Jaimie"

Please get back to me when he's talking English. ;-) Actually, there I
would agree. I had Agent on a long-ago PC and thought it excellent. I
don't use Entourage as my mail program, btw.

Old 14-12-2007, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:20:45 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

On 14/12/07 17:12, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:02:50 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 14/12/07 15:53, in article
,

snip

wrote:

Will there ever be an Agent that can run on a Mac system ?

The more people put it in the feature request bin at the Forte web
site, the more likely it becomes.
http://www.forteinc.com/contact/suggest.php

In the interrim, I run Agent either in WINE (using Crossover Office 6
because I'm lazy) or in Windows under a Parallels virtual machine.

Cheers - Jaimie"

Please get back to me when he's talking English. ;-) Actually, there I
would agree. I had Agent on a long-ago PC and thought it excellent. I
don't use Entourage as my mail program, btw.

cough There are other newsreaders for a Mac which are at least as good as
Agent (which I used to use, BTW). Plenty of choice out there.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Using Hogwasher

Old 14-12-2007, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:02:24 +0000, Martin wrote
(in article ):

"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:02:50 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

On 14/12/07 15:53, in article
,

snip

wrote:

Will there ever be an Agent that can run on a Mac system ?

The more people put it in the feature request bin at the Forte web
site, the more likely it becomes.
http://www.forteinc.com/contact/suggest.php

In the interrim, I run Agent either in WINE (using Crossover Office 6
because I'm lazy) or in Windows under a Parallels virtual machine.

Cheers - Jaimie"

Please get back to me when he's talking English. ;-) Actually, there I
would agree. I had Agent on a long-ago PC and thought it excellent. I
don't use Entourage as my mail program, btw.

cough There are other newsreaders for a Mac which are at least as good as
Agent (which I used to use, BTW). Plenty of choice out there.

Then put Sacha out of her misery :-)

I did try, once :-)

Old 14-12-2007, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/12/07 18:36, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:02:50 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

On 14/12/07 15:53, in article
,

snip

wrote:

Will there ever be an Agent that can run on a Mac system ?

The more people put it in the feature request bin at the Forte web
site, the more likely it becomes.
http://www.forteinc.com/contact/suggest.php

In the interrim, I run Agent either in WINE (using Crossover Office 6
because I'm lazy) or in Windows under a Parallels virtual machine.

Cheers - Jaimie"

Please get back to me when he's talking English. ;-) Actually, there I
would agree. I had Agent on a long-ago PC and thought it excellent. I
don't use Entourage as my mail program, btw.

cough There are other newsreaders for a Mac which are at least as good as
Agent (which I used to use, BTW). Plenty of choice out there.

Then put Sacha out of her misery :-)

I did try, once :-)

I meant "Then put Jaimie out of his misery"

Sacha is too ignorant about computery things to know that she should be
unhappy
)

Tra la la la la...........! ;-) Actually, Sally has indeed been very
helpful but maybe I'm just not born to be miserable. ;-)))

FS: Garden Lighting Dean Lawns 1 30-04-2011 08:21 PM
Lighting Question -length and interrupted lighting JHudson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 13-12-2003 06:32 AM
Garden Lighting by Design Matt Cody United Kingdom 55 20-11-2002 05:46 PM