Old 26-03-2008, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT calling any French residents

Judith in France wrote:
On Mar 25, 9:55 pm, Emery Davis wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

Hi Judith,

Doing just fine, thanks, and you? We survived (or so it seems) the worst of
the weather. I had just bunged 30 trees into the ground, none got blown
over!

What type of trees?

Well, I'll bet you could guess some of them!

22 maples (mostly species), 3 beeches, 2 dogwoods, a Pocket Handkerchief
tree,
a weeping crab apple, a Tupelo, a willow, a rowan and a szechuan poplar.

Now enjoying one of the finer things in Normandy, a glass of 30 year
Calvados
before bed...

I know another man who likes Calvados!
I'm with Sacha on the Wisteria seeds. Plus, not a very expensive plant
grafted.
I have 3 that I hack at a few times a year. I really like the flowers,
but lots of
time spent on the ladder. I actually fell off while cutting one back a
few years ago,
but luckily landed well and suffered nothing worse than some temporary
spine
compression. Now I'm a little more careful!

A word of advice Emery, no drinking Calvados before hacking the
Wisteria!! Keep well.

No, I am not one of those who takes a calvados with the morning coffee!
Strictly after dinner for me, and even then not that frequently.

cheers,

-E
Old 26-03-2008, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:

[...]

Like the trees Emery, have you got any pics of your garden?

I won't be seeing you in the Tabac/Bar then before 8a.m.with a little
poodle under one arm, a paper under the other and a glass of
Calvados? :-)

Judith
Old 27-03-2008, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Mar 25, 9:55 pm, Emery Davis wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

[]

Like the trees Emery, have you got any pics of your garden?

Hi Judith,

I have lots of recent pictures but none online; and most of them are
only of botanical
interest anyway. The only online ones are from over 10 years ago --
before I started
collecting maples and doing a lot with the larger garden -- from when we
were letting
the house for holidays. They are at
www.adelka.com/normandy/grounds.html but as
I say horribly out of date.

I won't be seeing you in the Tabac/Bar then before 8a.m.with a little
poodle under one arm, a paper under the other and a glass of
Calvados? :-)

Na, that was the other fella!

-E