Old 16-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered User

Default tips on stopping cat pooing!!!

Hi,

I have a cat that comes into my front garden and poo's on either the front lawn, or the front flower bed. I have tried everything the garden centre has to offer - Pellets, lion dung, spray, gel. I have also bought a sonic sound thing (which kept it away for a day or so, then it did a poo right in front of it).
I have tried pepper, cocktail sticks and jeyes fluid buried underneath the compost.
Has anyone got any ideas. I'm going out of my mind!!! Please don't suggets getting a dog, the wife wouldn't have it.
Who'd have a sodding cat anyway. I suppose it doesn't poo in the owners garden though.

Cheers
Old 16-04-2008, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
Bashy

A well placed cork?
But seriously... there are a number of cat deterrents available from
garden centres. My personal favourite - not because I have ever used
it, I haven't needed to - is lion poo. I am not joking. It is
variously called ZooPoo, or Silent Roar, or such. I have no idea how
expensive it is, or how much you need, but here is somewhere to start
your research.

http://www.cat-repellant.info/html/silent-roar.htm
Cat(h)

Old 16-04-2008, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:29:54 +0100, Bashy wrote:

I have a cat that comes into my front garden and poo's on either the
front lawn, or the front flower bed.

If you have the time to sit in wait with a good "soaker" water pistol that
is supposed to deter them after a while.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 16-04-2008, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi,

I have a cat that comes into my front garden and poo's on either the
front lawn, or the front flower bed. I have tried everything the garden
centre has to offer - Pellets, lion dung, spray, gel. I have also bought
a sonic sound thing (which kept it away for a day or so, then it did a
poo right in front of it).
I have tried pepper, cocktail sticks and jeyes fluid buried underneath
the compost.
Has anyone got any ideas. I'm going out of my mind!!! Please don't
suggets getting a dog, the wife wouldn't have it.
Who'd have a sodding cat anyway. I suppose it doesn't poo in the owners
garden though.

Because they don't make lovely well dug beds in their own gardens?
You could try digging a flower bed for your neighbour. The cat would
have less far to walk.

Cheers

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 16-04-2008, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 16, 7:29 am, Bashy wrote:
Hi,

I have a cat that comes into my front garden and poo's on either the
front lawn, or the front flower bed. I have tried everything the garden
centre has to offer - Pellets, lion dung, spray, gel. I have also bought
a sonic sound thing (which kept it away for a day or so, then it did a
poo right in front of it).
I have tried pepper, cocktail sticks and jeyes fluid buried underneath
the compost.
Has anyone got any ideas. I'm going out of my mind!!! Please don't
suggets getting a dog, the wife wouldn't have it.
Who'd have a sodding cat anyway. I suppose it doesn't poo in the owners
garden though.

Cheers

--
Bashy

Moth balls, break with a hammer into a few pieces and sprinkle around
their usual haunts, they do not like it.

Judith

Old 16-04-2008, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bashy" wrote in message

Hi,

I have a cat that comes into my front garden and poo's on either the
front lawn, or the front flower bed. I have tried everything the garden
centre has to offer - Pellets, lion dung, spray, gel. I have also bought
a sonic sound thing (which kept it away for a day or so, then it did a
poo right in front of it).
I have tried pepper, cocktail sticks and jeyes fluid buried underneath
the compost.
Has anyone got any ideas. I'm going out of my mind!!! Please don't
suggets getting a dog, the wife wouldn't have it.
Who'd have a sodding cat anyway. I suppose it doesn't poo in the owners
garden though.

Cheers

--
Bashy

Shoot

Skin

Eat

They taste like Rabbit

Bon Appetite

Mike

Old 16-04-2008, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bashy" wrote in message

Hi,

I have a cat that comes into my front garden and poo's on either the
front lawn, or the front flower bed. I have tried everything the garden
centre has to offer - Pellets, lion dung, spray, gel. I have also bought
a sonic sound thing (which kept it away for a day or so, then it did a
poo right in front of it).
I have tried pepper, cocktail sticks and jeyes fluid buried underneath
the compost.
Has anyone got any ideas. I'm going out of my mind!!! Please don't
suggets getting a dog, the wife wouldn't have it.
Who'd have a sodding cat anyway. I suppose it doesn't poo in the owners
garden though.

Cheers

--
Bashy

This looks like a fun way to scare away cats, bit expensive at £54+vat tho.

Old 16-04-2008, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mr X" wrote in message

"Bashy" wrote in message

[...]

Ooops forgot the link
http://www.deteracat.co.uk/scarecrow_water_jet_pack.htm

Old 16-04-2008, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message

Moth balls, break with a hammer into a few pieces and sprinkle around
their usual haunts, they do not like it.

Judith

Can you still buy them? I thought they were forbidden now ...

Mary

Old 16-04-2008, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi Bashy

I know exactly what you're going through! I wouldn't mind hearing what
eventually works for you (and anybody else) if you eventually beat the
moggy!

In the meantime, keeping the grass cut short and splashing ordinary brown
vinegar about (not on the grass itself or it'll scorch it!) seems to work
pretty well for me. It's not 100% but it's pretty close and you only really
need to slosh it about every couple of days. It even *appears* to survive
rainshowers. The only downsides are the cost of the vinegar (cheaper than
many solutions though!) and the fact that your garden will smell like a
chipshop.

I did try throwing a mix of Harpic and warm water on the grass and that
worked quite well, but I found I needed to throw it on every day and it
didn't appear to survive rain showers.

Pepper Dust obviously survives rain even less well, but that appeared to
work.

Scattering chopped citrus peel didn't work for me.

Silent Roar also didn't work; thinking about it, if the point of the
exercise is to stop the garden smelling like an animals' toilet, then this
is definitely not going to work.

I also tried Get Off! but that didn't seem to work either.

I've never tried soaking teabags in Jeyes fluid, water jets or standing
clear plastic bottles of water about etc.

Cheers, Chris

Old 16-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered User

Thanks for the tip Sacha, but we've already thought of that but the wife loves the birds coming into the garden and she thinks it might scare them away for good.
Also, it only seems to come into the garden in the night time. The garden is clear in the day and in the morning he has left me a little present.
otherwise yes, a soaker would seem the best solution. I'd love to think that one day I will soak the little bleeder!!!
I will try the mothballs though.
Thanks everyone again.
Old 16-04-2008, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bashy" wrote in message

Hi,

I have a cat that comes into my front garden and poo's on either the
front lawn, or the front flower bed. I have tried everything the garden
centre has to offer - Pellets, lion dung, spray, gel. I have also bought
a sonic sound thing (which kept it away for a day or so, then it did a
poo right in front of it).
I have tried pepper, cocktail sticks and jeyes fluid buried underneath
the compost.
Has anyone got any ideas. I'm going out of my mind!!! Please don't
suggets getting a dog, the wife wouldn't have it.
Who'd have a sodding cat anyway. I suppose it doesn't poo in the owners
garden though.

Well, the same people who made the Foxwatch gadget I've been trying out
recently - successfully, so far - also make a Ca****ch:

http://www.conceptresearch.co.uk/cats_2.htm

A bit pricey from them - a bit cheaper on Ebay, where I bought my Foxwatch
unit, but of course never quite sure of the warranty issues if you don't
think it works or it goes wrong:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ca****ch-Cat-D...QQcmdZViewItem

Mark

Old 16-04-2008, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Had this problem and tried numerous ideas from enticing the fella with a
squeaky toy and bashing the bugger with a spade. Also tried pouring boiling
water on it!

Then I decided to feed it. First chicken and wallpaper stripper without
effect. Beef and warfarin did the job, though!

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way