Old 26-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Bigjon

Default Cat scarer that works

In a fit of excitement Mike uttered:

In article , Little
Badger writes
Jan
The thing is Mike can give good advice, at times, which is why I have not
plonked him as yet!
But he will insist on going on about cats though, non stop!
I'd wish he'd give it a rest and talk about gardening!

He does talk about gardening, and rain water and Holm-oaks and green
houses and paving and, guess what? Cat shit because it happens ALL the
time.

As I said before WHEN, yes WHEN cat owners respect other's gardens and
do not just say 'We cannot control our vermin', then the cat problem
will go away. Until then I will join the others in the defence of OUR
right to enjoy OUR gardens just as Mabbett and Baraclough and Sacha have
a go at those who do not, like me, 'Claim to OWN the newsgroup'

Mike
That is, the original :-))

I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem

WTF is your problem with cat shit?
I bet you have no problem digging in horse shit, so what's the difference?
Just dig it in and go get a life...
--
\\(º`¿´º)//
It's probably on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....
Old 27-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Ophelia

"Thomas Greeves" wrote in message

BTW I work in a garden centre (which I love and hate!)
I am doing an rhs general exam in horticulture
Starting to do more things around the garden- I still live at home. I

don't
really want to interfere with my parents garden.

(goes back and hides under the rock again)

HI Thomas and Welcome)

Please don't hide under that rock Come back and post

Ophelia

Old 27-04-2003, 01:20 PM
William Tasso

Little Badger wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Essjay001
writes

Cat shit is not nice for unsuspecting gardeners and should not be
allowed imo

Neither is dog shit! In my garden, on the pavements, in the gutter,
in the park etc.

but splendid in the compost.

--
William Tasso

Old 27-04-2003, 01:32 PM
William Tasso

Thomas Greeves wrote:
"Peter James" wrote in message
There has been considerable discussion on this NG regarding cats, and
keeping them off our gardens.
I purchased a device called "Ca****ch", an electronic device that
floods the immediate area in which it is placed with ultra sonic
sound. Cats find this intolerable and avoid the area in which it is
working. That at least is the theory.

I have found that this system, although one of the best,
unfortunately does not work for 100% of its users. I believe it may
have something to do with the frequency it is set at.

Do you have any further info? Is there any data on which animals respond to
which frequencies?

From what I
have been told about ultra-sonic devices they give the animal a
splitting headache, so they move away from the area.

Sounds like a good plan - Is there one that works on children?

BTW I work in a garden centre (which I love and hate!)
I am doing an rhs general exam in horticulture
Starting to do more things around the garden- I still live at home.
I don't really want to interfere with my parents garden.

Go on - I imagine they'd dead pleased - by negotiaition of course. if you
can't convince them, you'll be made welcome here if you want to practice ;o)

(goes back and hides under the rock again)

don't be shy - those of us with only rumour, speculation and old wives'
tales to guide us welcome relevent scientific input. make yourself comfy
and join in.

In any event, have fun.
--
William Tasso

Old 27-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Janet Baraclough say...
They are trolling, Fenny. It's a usenet nuisance. Trolls are posters
who habitually fish for negative attention/ stir up an argument, as an
excuse for abuse and aggressive disruption of threads. Just ignore or
killfile them.

Apart from people I have encountered in other groups, I tend to avoid
killfiling anyone in a new group for a few weeks. I've just set up a
rule to delete all threads with "cat" in the subject.
--
Fenny
'the' is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation

Old 27-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Little Badger

. ..

------
I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem

WTF is your problem with cat shit?
I bet you have no problem digging in horse shit, so what's the difference?
Just dig it in and go get a life...
--
\\(º`¿´º)//
It's probably on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....
If you can be bothered to look for it....

Fair play to you and well said my man!

Badger

Old 27-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Little Badger

Sounds like a good idea as it seem all such threads are started by people
trying to get peoples goat up!

Badger

"Fenny" k wrote in
message ...

Old 28-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Mike

In article , Bigjon
writes

I know - Mike is just trolling cats a bit much at the moment.

If we ALL stop talking cat mess on this newsgroup, do you think the
cat's "Owners" would control their vermin to stop using our gardens?

"I think not"

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 28-04-2003, 10:32 PM
JohnB

Maplin currently have an offer 2 for the price of 1. Unfortunately it is
highly unlikely they will work on human pests. I have just bought a couple.

Before I have the cat protection league getting it's kickers in a twist, it
is for using intermittently under the floor to discourage field mice to stay
in the garden rather than nest amid my central heating and electrical wiring
as they are currently doing. I also intend to wait until after the nesting
season before using it.

Ultrasonic Pest Repeller
An effective pest repellant
Only: £14.99 Buy One Get One FREE!
http://www.maplin.co.uk/default.asp?...etmodule=33090
Save: £14.99
Code: L97AC
Old 28-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Little Badger

"JohnB" wrote in message
Could be that dogs don't dig up his seed beds and deficate in his garden.

They do in my front garden!

After all is not this group to do with gardening in gardens and not
gardening in the roads & countryside in general?

John

See above!

Badger

"Little Badger" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

But what about all the dog owners who let their dogs shit all over the
pavements, gardens, woods, etc? You don't ever mention them! So why keep

on
about cats. Is it because you own a dog and not a cat?

Badger

Old 29-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Bigjon

In a fit of excitement Little Badger uttered:

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Bigjon
writes

I know - Mike is just trolling cats a bit much at the moment.

If we ALL stop talking cat mess on this newsgroup, do you think the
cat's "Owners" would control their vermin to stop using our gardens?

"I think not"

Mike

If you kept talking about cat mess, on this newsgroup, do you think it will
keep the cats out of your garden whilst you're in bed?

I think not!

So why waste your time talking about something you have no control over?

Badger

Well said that man !
Old 01-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Little Badger

"H" wrote in message

My cat chased a STRAY dog out of my back garden last week!
He showed him who's boss!

I've seen 2 Siamese cats work together to chase a large dog out of their
back garden.

- h

I've seen footage of a cat killing a Cobra (a real angry one at that)! A dog
would have barked at it a then got bitten!

Badger