Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-05-2008, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob Rob is offline

Default What plant is invading me ?

I have a feeling that this could be embarassingly easy.

Can someone please identify the plant picture-linked below?
It is all over my garden at this time of the year, starting its life
is the form of little, dark-green "leaf-rosettes"; it also seems to
have very shallow roots (but I fear this may be deceptive).
It especially seems to like getting amongst the raspberry canes (what
doesn't?).

What is it? How does it propagate? How can I get rid of it?

The picture is not as clear as I had expected but:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o019co&s=3

PS I think I know why all(?) wild flower books are organised around
the colour, shape etc of the flower itself, but that is useless - and
too late - to identify most weeds.
Anyone know of an "identify by the (early) leaves" system. Probably
cannot be 100% accurate but a guide would be better than nothing.

As usual, thanks in advance.