Old 04-06-2008, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wisteria

I have just bought a Wisteria , its about 7ft tall and quite busy

Any advice on planting and after care would be most appreciated

I know I could look on the net but prefer tried and tested idea methods

Many thanks in advance

Old 05-06-2008, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tony" wrote in message
I have just bought a Wisteria , its about 7ft tall and quite busy
Any advice on planting and after care would be most appreciated
I know I could look on the net but prefer tried and tested idea methods
Many thanks in advance

I planted mine in the corner at the back of the garage. I fixed 3 trellis
panels to each of the east and south facing walls of the garage. The first 2
years, allow it to cover the target area. Tie were necessary and prune where
it extends outside the t/area.

Dec 2009 prune back to 4 buds. Following month prune back to 2 buds. This
Winter pruning is essential for flower growth. Mines about 7 years old now,
here's a pic taken a couple of weeks ago of spec 'Burford'
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=91beb42d.pbw

Bertie

Old 06-06-2008, 12:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/6/08 00:41, in article , "Tony"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 5/6/08 14:36, in article
, "Bertie
Doe"
wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message
I have just bought a Wisteria , its about 7ft tall and quite busy
Any advice on planting and after care would be most appreciated
I know I could look on the net but prefer tried and tested idea methods
Many thanks in advance

I planted mine in the corner at the back of the garage. I fixed 3 trellis
panels to each of the east and south facing walls of the garage. The
first 2
years, allow it to cover the target area. Tie were necessary and prune
where
it extends outside the t/area.

Dec 2009 prune back to 4 buds. Following month prune back to 2 buds. This
Winter pruning is essential for flower growth. Mines about 7 years old
now,
here's a pic taken a couple of weeks ago of spec 'Burford'
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/d...w&current=91be
b4
2d.pbw

Bertie

We grow three on the lawn, tied to strong stakes and grown as 'trees'.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sounds an interesting idea Sacha
Do you have any pictures of them
thanks

Sent via email - let me know if it doesn't get to you.

[IBC] wisteria luc tran Bonsai 2 23-03-2003 05:20 PM
Wisteria Shelly Hurd Bonsai 0 14-03-2003 06:08 PM
Wisteria Question Lilly Gardening 10 19-02-2003 03:27 AM
Wisteria! Cereoid+10 Gardening 0 23-01-2003 07:28 PM
Wisteria!! GrampysGurl Gardening 1 23-01-2003 06:09 PM